There is nothing like a lovely refreshing frappé! Frappés were once served at fine restaurants between courses as a palate cleanser, today they are considered more of a light refreshing dessert. I came up with a flavor combination for a frappé that I think you will love: The Açaí Berry White Chocolate Frappé! Not only is it absolutely delicious, it is also loaded with antioxidants. How many desserts can you say that about?
This Post is Sponsored by Amazon Planet
You may be wondering what the difference between a smoothie and a frappé is. A frappé is an iced beverage that has been shaken, blended or beaten to produce a tasty foam and refreshing blended drink which is served cold, often with whipped cream as a topping. A frappé is frothy and light, almost… delicate. And a frappé would not contain greens or be served as breakfast or a meal replacement like a smoothie because they are light and sweet. A frappé is definitely dessert worthy.
The Key Ingredients:
In this dessert recipe I use a base of creamy whole fat plain yogurt (dairy free friends use coconut yogurt!) and white grape juice. Then I blend with a homemade white chocolate simple syrup, frozen watermelon, frozen blueberries, açaí berry purée and a little lemon juice. The result is absolutely the best dessert frappé I have ever tasted!
Açaí Berry Smoothie Packs:
Açaí (ah-sigh-ee) berries are a superfood. In fact they have twice the antioxidants of blueberries and pomegranate and also contain healthy omega fats and fiber. I use organic, unsweetened Amazon Planet Açaí Purée. Açaí smoothie packs can be found in the frozen section at many grocery stores. To find Amazon Planet smoothie packs near you, click! You can also use açaí berry purée in smoothies (breakfast bowls (<-recipes) and sorbets.
The Whipping Cream:
A beautiful frappé deserves to be garnished with the best whipped cream. I top mine with the most amazing, hand whipped, vanilla cream. So lofty and light.
The Recipe: Blueberry White Chocolate Frappé!
Tips and what you will need: I use Amazon Planet Açaí Purée, a good high powered blender, I love my Blendtec and I always recommend Neilsen Massey Vanilla Paste instead of extract for the whipped cream. It simply tastes better! There is a little preparation for this recipe: you will need to freeze watermelon and prepare a white chocolate simple syrup ahead of time.
Blueberry White Chocolate Frappé
This is a beautiful, refreshing and healthful dessert! I chose a combination of frozen açaí berry puree and blueberries for a big boost of antioxidants. Most grocery stores carry açaí berry smoothie packs in the frozen section. I find mine at Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, or Costco. There is a little preparation for this recipe: you will need to freeze watermelon and prepare a white chocolate simple syrup ahead of time.
- Make simple syrup and freeze watermelon ahead of time.
White Chocolate Simple Syrup
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (dairy free friends use yogurt made from coconut milk)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1/2 cup white chocolate simple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 3.5 ounces frozen acai berry puree (smoothie pack)
- 1 cup frozen watermelon
- 1- 1 1/2 cups white grape juice (I like to buy the juice boxes to avoid waste)
Freshly whipped Cream
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or 1 teaspoon extract
Prep ahead of time:
- Cut fresh watermelon into 2" cubes. Measure in 1 cup increments of watermelon and freeze in individual baggies or containers. Make white chocolate simple syrup ahead of time and allow to cool. Make whipped cream (recipe below)
- Allow frozen acai packet to thaw to a slushy consistency before use.
White Chocolate Simple Syrup:
- Place water and sugar into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down heat to simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add white chocolate chips and whisk. Take off heat and whisk till chocolate is completely melted. Allow to cool. Pour into a jar and save in the fridge until ready to use.
- Beat cream till thick, add sugar and vanilla. Beat till desired consistency. I like to use a whisk, it makes the whipped cream the most amazing consistency. If you would rather you can use a hand mixer.
- Place yogurt, lemon juice, white chocolate syrup, blueberries, watermelon, acai berry puree and 1 cup of the white grape juice in blender. Blend till smooth. If too thick add remaining ½ cup of juice. Serve in beautiful stemware and top with whipped cream!
For More Recipes and to Learn More About The Amazing Health Benefits of The Açaí Berry:
…please visit the Amazon Planet Website!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Post tags: grain free, gluten free,