Here at The Organic Kitchen we take a favorite summer vegetable and make it even better. This Is The Organic Kitchen “Corn Off The Cob With Asparagus”..
Looks delicious right?
Corn is a heavily sprayed crop so organic is the only way to go. And if you can find non GMO corn, buy it. It’s getting harder and harder though…sigh.
I use my knife to shave the corn right off the cob and into a bowl. The bowl keeps the corn from spilling all over the counter.
We liven and health up our corn by adding asparagus, red onion, chives and red bell peppers…
I use non toxic, non stick ceramic pots and pans for a lot of my cooking. The white surface you see is ceramic. NOTHING sticks to it:) and it is chemical free and lighter than cast iron. The only downside to ceramic cookware is that it doesn’t brown well so I use cast iron for that:)
The Recipe: Corn Off The Cob With Asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn (4 cups)
- one bunch asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Heat 2 T butter over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir in the bell pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add corn, asparagus, salt, and pepper and 2 T butter, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness. Season to taste with salt and pepper, gently stir in chives.
Beautiful and healthy! Please take a look at my cookbooks here. And subscribe if you feel like it…and you know you do!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Post tags: vegetarian, side dish, summer