This “Wild Rice and Arugula Salad” is an amazing meal all on it’s own: wild and brown rice, greens, roasted chicken, grapes and pepitas make it a complete and satisfying meal.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
This is the perfect salad to make the day after you roast a chicken. You can use the leftovers or you can just use organic rotisserie chicken from the market. This salad is less about the greens and more about the combination of flavors we top the greens with: sweet grapes, savory chicken, salty pepitas, and nutty brown and wild rice are the perfect combination set atop peppery arugula!
The Pear Chardonnay dressing is light, sweet and ‘barely there’, adding just enough flavor to enhance but not overwhelm the salad ingredients. If you don’t want to order the vinegar or can’t can’t find a Pear Chardonnay near you, you can always sub with Champagne Vinegar.
I love this salad anytime but love to serve it at showers and brunches! It’s so pretty and definitely unique!
The Recipe: Wild Rice and Arugula Salad
Tips and what you will need: If you can’t find a quality Pear Chardonnay Vinegar at the grocery store you can have it delivered to your door!
- The Salad:
- 3 cups wild or baby arugula
- Wild and basmati rice blend rice (1-1/2 cups rice cooked to package directions)
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- ⅓ cup Pepitas or cashews, roasted and salted
- 1-1½ cups shredded Roasted chicken, leftover or use rotisserie
- Pear Chardonnay Dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Pear Chardonnay vinegar (or use good quality champagne vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Cook rice according to package instructions and allow to cool. Tear or cut chicken into bite size pieces. Place arugula, chicken, grapes and pepitas (or cashews) in a bowl and toss with Pear Chardonnay dressing.
- Pour vinegar and oil into a lidded container and shake or whisk till well blended. Leftovers can be saved in the fridge for 3 weeks.
- To plate individually: Place a layer of wild rice on a plate, spoon dressed salad mixture on top and serve.
- To serve to a large group: Place all rice on a platter, then top with dressed salad.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Post tags: Gluten free, dairy free
Post tags: salads, dairy free, gluten free, vegetables