The only thing better than baked sweet potatoes are Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs! Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes make the perfect breakfast, lunch or casual dinner.
Baked sweet potatoes, with melted pasture butter, topped with bacon and eggs…it doesn’t get any better or easier than this!
It’s Easy as 1,2,3…4
- Bake potatoes.
- Cut in half and use a knife to cuts slits into the potato halves.
- Add butter and use a fork to mash, use the back of a spoon to create a nice crater.
- Sprinkle with cooked bacon and then carefully crack an egg into the crater you created in each potato half, and place back in the oven for a few minutes!
Voila! A delicious, beautiful, easy meal!
The Recipe: Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs
Tips and what you will need: (Affiliate links via Amazon) Use LARGE sweet potatoes and SMALL eggs or the eggs will spill over sides. You will need a cookie sheet and parchment paper. I love Maldons Flaked Sea Salt. I buy the tub (it’s a money saver!) My wooden serving board can be found here.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- clarified butter, ghee or butter
- sea salt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 small eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place foil in bottom of oven to catch potato drippings.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Use a paper towel to LIGHTLY coat skin of each potato with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on oven rack and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a fork goes in easily.
- While potatoes bake, cook bacon, set on paper towels to drain, chop.
- Slice chives.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place potatoes on parchment and carefully cut in half lengthwise. Use your knife to make slits in the flesh of the potatoes.
- Add as much butter as you like and mash with a fork. Use the back of a spoon to create a crater in each potato, sprinkle with half of the bacon.
- Gently crack an egg into each potato half.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Whites should be solid, yolks soft.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, the rest of the bacon and chives. Serve.
Get 3 Meals Free from Sun Basket! Fresh organic ingredients and easy recipes delivered, with Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegetarian options.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.