Casual Friday: Dinner in 15 Minutes!
It’s time for another Casual Friday Menu! Grilled cheese, such a delight. Perfectly crispy grilled artisan bread, melted brie and a touch of sweet fig jam. Yes that is what I said, fig. I know, I know, people are a little weird about figs so you are going to have to trust me on this one! Figs are delicious, and the proof is in the pudding, or in this case The Brie and Fig Grilled Cheese Sandwich. (This post contains affiliate links, see full disclosure at bottom of page).
Tell Me You Aren’t Drooling Now
Casual Friday never looked so good! A meal in minutes and by using double cream brie and slathering artisan bread with Adriatic Fig Spread you take grilled cheese to a whole new level!
Ooey gooey melted Brie and the sweetness of fig combine to make the ultimate grilled cheese! Serve with my Blueberry and Avocado Salad for a complete meal in under 15 minutes!
The Recipe: Brie and Fig Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Tips and what you will need: To make perfectly crispy bread, start heat on high and then turn to low after placing the sandwich on the pan. I use a panini press pan to grill sandwiches. You can find Adriatic Fig Spread at fine grocery stores or have it delivered to your door! (affiliate links) For more grilled cheese sandwich recipes click here and here. To see more uses for fig spread click here, and here. Gluten free friends use your favorite GF bread! Another variation: add raspberry jam to one slice of bread and fig to the other, the combo is very yummy!
Brie and Fig Grilled Cheese!
A tasty and different grilled cheese sandwich! Another variation: add raspberry jam to one slice of bread and fig to the other, the combo is very yummy!
- The measurements below are per sandwich:
- 2 slices of your favorite artisan bread (I used a Toasted Sunflower Honey Loaf) Gluten free friends use your favorite GF bread.
- 2-3 slices of double cream brie, allow to soften on counter before hand for easier melting
- Adriatic fig spread
- Place panini pan on cooktop on med/high heat
- Slice bread 1/2" thick, spread one slice generously with fig spread.
- Top with 2-3 slices of brie cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- When pan is hot add butter to center of pan.
- Use a brush or swirl pan to spread butter out to accommodate sandwich.
- Place sandwich on pan and top with press. Lower heat to med/low. Let sit for 2 minutes and then check bottom piece of bread. When golden and crispy turn over and place press on sandwich again.
- Allow to cook until cheese is melted and bottom piece of bread is crispy and golden.
- Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.
Courses Sandwich for lunch or casual dinner
I love sharing my favorite things with you!
May I Please Ask A Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
All recipes and photographs are copyrighted and the property of Linda Spiker.