I like my breakfast simple. A few ingredients, filling, hearty, and delicious. These Crispy One Pan Potatoes with Eggs fit the bill nicely. They also happen to be easy on the wallet and budget friendly!
(This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure at bottom of page)
The photographs in today’s blog post were taken by my talented daughter in law Octavia Spiker!
I like to use new rose potatoes, basically because I am lazy and there is no peeling required. But also because they taste amazing. I cook them in butter or Ghee until the edges are brown and crispy…
…then I make wells with the back of a spoon and crack the eggs right into the wells, cover with a lid and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are runny. This breakfast is to die for!
The Recipe: Crispy One Pan Potatoes with Eggs
What you will need: I prefer using a cast iron pan to make potatoes really crispy. I love Maldon Sea Salt and buy the tub to save money. This recipe is grain, gluten and those with dairy intolerances or who are on Whole 30 can use ghee instead of butter.
Crispy One Pan Potatoes with Eggs
A delicious breakfast the whole family will love.
- 2 Tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds new rose potatoes, quartered
- 4 large shallots, peeled and sliced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 eggs
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped, or sliced chives
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place cast iron pan on high heat. Add butter or ghee to cast iron pan. Add potatoes, cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (lower heat if necessary)
- Add shallots. Cook until shallots are caramelized and potatoes are browned and crispy (about 10 more minutes)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Stir.
- Make 3-4 wells in potatoes with back of a large spoon, crack eggs very carefully into wells.
- Cook with lid on until whites are solid and yolks are runny.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!