Shooting this post was excruciating. Only because I wanted to eat this Easy Chicken Parmesan so badly, but had to wait until the pictures were done. Food blogger problems…
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
Don’t Go Out For Italian!
Ok that might have sounded a little bossy. If you want to go out, please do. But why would you want to when you can make this meal in 40 minutes start to finish and not have to wear a
bra…I mean shoes? Look at that crispy panko crusted chicken smothered in cheese! And if you need a green side dish, pair with my Traditional Caesar Salad.
The key to making Chicken Parmesan is the ‘cutlet’. Most stores carry cutlets these days, but just in case yours doesn’t or you just prefer to make your own, here is how you do it: cut the breast in half so it is half as thick as it used to be, place between parchment (I don’t use plastic anymore) and pound with a rolling pin until the chicken is about 1/2″ thick.
I could teach you to make your own sauce, but this is ‘Easy” Chicken Parmesan and that wouldn’t be easy. To keep this recipe simple I use a store bought sauce. You can use your favorite brand and flavor. I bought the 365 Brand Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce from Whole Foods Market. It tastes great and is kind of chunky, which I like.
The Recipe: Easy Chicken Parmesan with Gluten Free Option!
Tips and what you will need: I like cooking this recipe in a cast iron pan for the crispiest chicken. To make this recipe gluten free, use GF flour, GF Panko Crumbs and GF pasta. You will need a large baking dish and a microplane for grating fresh cheese. Pair with my Traditional Caesar Salad.
Easy Chicken Parmesan with Gluten Free Option!
A delicious and fairly easy complete meal!
- 6 chicken cutlets (or 3 breasts made into cutlets)
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flour (Gluten Free friends use GF flour)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs (Gluten Free friends use GF crumbs)
- olive oil
- 25oz jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated provolone
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 16 oz spaghetti or linguini, cooked to package instructions
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- Place a large pot of salted water on cooktop to heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place oven rack in center position
- While waiting for water to boil, prepare chicken breasts (if needed), grate cheeses and toss them together
- Place flour in shallow bowl
- Place eggs in shallow bowl and whisk
- Place bread crumbs in shallow bowl
- Season both sides of cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken lightly in flour then dip in eggs allowing excess to drip off, and finally coat both sides in bread crumbs. Rinse hands between each dip otherwise things get clumpy!
- Heat a large skillet on medium/high heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of pan.
- When oil is hot, add breasts to pan. You may have to cook in batches adding olive oil as you go.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy. Turn off heat
- Place 2 cups pasta sauce into baking dish and spread evenly, save the remaining sauce for later
- Add breasts to dish, top each cutlet with a mixture of the cheeses
- Place baking dish in oven for 10 minutes
- While chicken cooks, cook pasta according to package directions and chop basil
- Strain pasta in colander, plate and top with chicken and sauce, garnish with basil
- If you like more sauce, heat what is left in the jar and use that too! Enjoy!
Courses Main Course
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!