When we went to Europe in May we had many delicious styles of eggs for breakfast. A favorite was Eggs en Cocotte made in the oven. I adore Eggs en Cocotte BUT they do take about 25 minutes to bake in a conventional oven.
In the Instant Pot they take about 5 minutes! Let’s face it, when it comes to breakfast, time is a factor. And because I happen to be having an Instant Pot Giveaway (<—enter here) I thought should share the quickest, easiest way to make Eggs en Cocotte in the Instant Pot!
Take a look at the Instant pot on Amazon or visit Instant Pot directly by just clicking the banner below.
The Recipe: Eggs en Cocotte
Tips and what you will need: Eggs en Cocotte are made in ceramic ramekins. You will need three 4-5 oz ramekins and an Instant Pot . Click to see Eggs en Cocotte made in the oven. For runny yolks set timer to two minutes, for firm yolks set timer for four minutes. If you would like to make less than 3 eggs, fill the remaining ramekins with water and place in cooker or eggs will cook too fast. More Instant Pot Recipes: BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Pulled Pork Tacos, Pulled Pork Mini Tacos.
Eggs en Cocotte in the Instant Pot!
A quick easy way to make this delicious and slightly decadent breakfast! Note: For runny yolks set timer to two minutes, for firm yolks set timer for four minutes. If you would like to make less than 3 eggs, fill the remaining ramekins with water and place in cooker or eggs will cook too fast.
- Butter, room temp
- 3 Tablespoons cream
- Three fresh pasture raised eggs!
- 1 Tablespoon chives
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup water for Instant Pot
- Use a paper towel to wipe the sides and bottoms of ramekins with butter.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon cream into each ramekin
- Carefully crack an egg into each ramekin (careful not to break the yolks)
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add one cup water to bottom of Instant pot.
- Place ramekins on rack.
- Close and seal Instant Pot lid and turn steam release valve to the sealed position.
- Plug instant pot in. Press manual, use the + or - button to adjust the time to 2 minutes.
- Press pressure cook and make sure it's set to low.
- You will hear a beep and the cooker will say 'on'. Walk away!
- After a couple of minutes the timer will change to show 2 minutes.
- As soon as the timer goes off, use an oven mitt or wooden spoon to turn release valve to venting position.
- Steam will shoot out the top. When steam dissipates carefully remove ramekins with hot pad or kitchen towel.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Serve alone or on toast.
Enjoy friends and be sure to join the Instant Pot Giveaway!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
All recipes and photos are copyrighted and owned by Linda Spiker. Do not use without permission.
Post tags: Gluten free, grain free