It’s perpetual summer here. Yep, summer in California lasts forever. And that’s ok by me because we can enjoy light, healthy summer fare all year!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales but your price remains the same.)
Greens with Mango and Citrus Vinaigrette:
I love greens, but I love them even more when they are tossed with ripe fruit, sweet veggies, roasted nuts or seeds and a healthy, delicious homemade salad dressing.
This ‘Greens with Mango and Citrus Vinaigrette’ is my go to salad when serving Mexican food. I serve it alongside my Spicy Lime Chicken and Mexican Street Corn. And everyone is very happy. Very, very happy.
Loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats this salad is perfection on a platter!
The Recipe: Greens with Mango and Citrus Vinaigrette
Tips and what you will need: a hand held juicer or citrus juicer, a good quality white balsamic vinegar (quality sea salt, mini whisk, and mason jars or any container with a lid. I just try to avoid plastic (affiliate links).
Greens with Mango and Citrus Vinaigrette
A delicious summer salad that works great with Mexican food!
- 5 oz mixed baby greens
- 1 large ripe mango (or two small) peeled and cubed
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pepitas
Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional for my Whole 30 friends)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallot, peeled and chopped
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Place all salad ingredients on a platter. Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Dress salad and serve. Save left over dressing in fridge for a week.
For a creamy version of this dressing:
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in blender, blend till smooth. Drizzle in olive oil and blend till dressing is emulsified. I love this version!
Such a delightful summer treat! Please take a look at my Five Favorite Summer Salad Dressings here. Enjoy and please share if you are so inclined!
~ Linda Spiker
Post tags: Gluten free, dairy free
May I Please Ask A Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!