Greens with Mango and Citrus Vinaigrette
A delicious summer salad that works great with Mexican food!
- 5 oz mixed baby greens
- 1 large ripe mango (or two small) peeled and cubed
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pepitas
Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional for my Whole 30 friends)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallot, peeled and chopped
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Place all salad ingredients on a platter. Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Dress salad and serve. Save left over dressing in fridge for a week.
For a creamy version of this dressing:
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in blender, blend till smooth. Drizzle in olive oil and blend till dressing is emulsified. I love this version!
Recipe by The Organic Kitchen Blog and Tutorials at http://www.theorganickitchen.org/greens-with-mango/