Cinco de Mayo is fast approaching! I have lots of Cinco de Mayo recipes for those of us watching our carbs but I have never posted a grain free tortilla…until now. One ingredient, no cooking required and this shell stays crispy without falling apart. And that’s because the taco shell is made entirely from thinly sliced jicama!
All you need for this taco party is Jimaca, a crispy water filled vegetable from Mexico…
Once jicama is sliced simply top with left over roasted chicken, rotisserie chicken, my grilled chicken, my crock pot roast, or pulled pork and then top with my homemade salsas or guacamole, tomatoes, cilantro and a squeeze of lime! So easy!
The ‘tortillas’ are crispy, stay together, hold all the ingredients you stuff them with and are completely grain and carb free.
And so pretty!
The Recipe: How to Make Jicama Taco Shells
Jicama Taco Party
Carb free, no cook, one ingredient taco shells
- Jicama, peeled and sliced with a mandolin.
- Peel jicama using a 'y' peeler
- Trim the edges off the jicama till it will fit into a mandolin. Usually 4".
- Place mandolin on the thinnest setting and carefully slice jicama. (Different mandolins have different settings. If yours is too thin use the second thinnest setting)
- Top with fillings (links above) and eat!
- One jicama makes approximately 18 tortillas
If you would like more taco recipes please view my Pulled Pork Tacos, Pulled Pork Taco Bites on Butternut Squash Tortilla and my Sweet Potato Tacos on Herbed Grain Free Tortillas. Happy Cinco de Mayo! ~ Linda Spiker
Get 3 Meals Free from Sun Basket! Fresh organic ingredients and easy recipes delivered, with Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegetarian options.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!