You know my rule with pasta, if you eat it, load it with vegetables. Colorful, filling, antioxidant rich vegetables. This Linguini with rainbow Carrots and Broccolini is a perfect example!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales but your price remains the same.)
A 20 Minute Vegetarian Meal!
This meal may look fancy, because it kind of is, but fancy doesn’t have to be time consuming. In fact this meal can be made in about 20 minutes! Here is how you do it…
To make this meal in a flash, I blanche the rainbow carrots and broccolini right in the pot with the pasta. Who doesn’t love a one pot meal? In fact the most time consuming part of this recipe is waiting for the pasta water to boil.
The Fresh and Easy Sauce:
This pasta is tossed with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and lemon. All good things that add a lot of flavor as well as antioxidants and healthy fats!
Toss all ingredients together with little sea salt and parmesan, garnish with pine nuts and parsley and you have yourself one amazingly beautiful, delicious meal with very little work!
The Recipe: Linguini with Rainbow Carrots and Broccolini
Tips and what you will need: (contains affiliate links) make sure you slice the carrots VERY thinly so they will blanche quickly. You will need a microplane for zesting citrus, grating parmesan and garlic. A good knife is always a must! To make gluten free use gluten free pasta:
Casual Friday: Linguini with Rainbow Carrots and Broccolini
A colorful and easy to make pasta!
- 16oz linguini cooked to package instructions (can use gluten free pasta if needed)
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 8 small rainbow carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and grated with microplane
- juice and zest of one small lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 -1 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place large stock pot filled with water and some 2 tsp sea salt on high heat.
- While waiting for water to boil peel, chop and slice veggies and herbs
- When water boils add pasta and set timer for three minutes less than advised cooking time on pasta box. When timer goes off add vegetables to pasta water. Set timer for three more minutes,
- Place olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl and whisk.
- When timer goes off, strain pasta and veggies in colander. Do not rinse.
- Pour onto a platter. Pour olive oil mixture over pasta and toss.
- If more oil is needed feel free to add it
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste and toss. Add parmesan (optional) toss.
- Garnish with pine nuts and parsley. Serve.
Courses Main Course or Side Dish
My oh my….
Simple and glorious! Please share if you feel so inclined ~ Linda Spiker
Healthy delicous meal delivery to your door! Get $30 off your Sun Basket order! Organic ingredients from the best West Coast farms and easy, healthy recipes delivered weekly.
May I Please Ask A Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!