Sometimes the best holiday memories are made around around the table. Food brings people together in a way nothing else can.The shared experience of enjoying festive food, good conversation and each other’s company…there’s nothing like it! I hope this Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding will become a holiday tradition in your house.
(This post sponsored by Jord, makers of fine Wooden Wristwatches)
The Colors and Flavors of The Season!
When I think of bread pudding I think of comfort food. Bread pudding is warm and creamy, and this one also happens to be sweet and tart, not to mention beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, my watch is made by Jord. The band is made of wood and the face is available in several beautiful colors. Find my Mint Frankie watch here. The perfect holiday gift!
How to Make Bread Pudding:
Bread pudding is actually very easy to make! For this holiday version, I use buttery croissants, fresh organic cream, pastured eggs, vanilla paste, and orange zest. Last I fold in fresh cranberries and allow sit for 15 minutes so the bread can soak up the sweet creamy goodness.
Then I pop it in the oven to bake until the pudding sets, the cranberries soften and the bread gets a little crispy on top.
The Cream Sauce:
Bread pudding isn’t complete without some kind of delicious, creamy topping. While the bread pudding bakes I heat cream, a little sugar, vanilla and orange zest on the cooktop. Then I drizzle it over the warm bread pudding. Superb!
The Recipe~ Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding: Made with Croissants!
Tips and what you will need: you can bake this is a 7x11x2 baking dish or four 12 ounce ramekins.I always prefer vanilla paste instead of extract, buy the quart to save money! You will need a microplane for zesting oranges.
Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding: Made with Croissants!
Yield 4 -8
A creamy, gooey, decadent holiday dessert! NOTE: If you are using a baking dish instead of ramekins see notes below on adjusting baking time.
- 5 cups buttery croissants, cut into 1" cubes
- 1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups organic granulated sugar
- zest of one large orange
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1¼ cups fresh cranberries, larger cranberries should be cut in half
Vanilla Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- zest of half a large orange
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter bottom and sides of four 12 to 14 oz ramekins or one 11x7x2 glass baking dish. Place rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl whisk cream, eggs, sugar, orange zest and vanilla paste until well combined.
- Add croissants, mix well.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes so bread absorbs liquid.
- Separate evenly into ramekins or pour all into single baking baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set. (If using a single baking dish instead of ramekins it may take more like 30-35 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Drizzle with cream sauce and serve.
- Place all ingredients into small sauce pan. Heat on low until simmering. Take off heat. Pour over bread pudding and serve.
- Serves 4-8 (depending on if you share)
Courses Holiday Dessert
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!