I had so much fun with this post. As you all know I love an easy recipe. This one takes about 20 minutes to make but will still impress the heck out of everyone that views your pics on Instagram (wink). Seriously though, your friends will be asking for the recipe, so be ready to send them the link to my website for this Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Soft Boiled Eggs!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
When cooking pasta there are only a few things to remember. 1. Follow pasta box cooking instructions, they usually are right on. 2. Salt the water for flavor. 3. To keep pasta from sticking be sure to have lots of water in your pot, at least several inches above the pasta to allow room for expansion, and 4. stir frequently.
Keeping it 20 Minutes:
Making the most of your time is the best way to keep this recipe at 20 minutes start to finish. While pasta water heats and pasta cooks, you can prep the Brussels sprouts, garlic, cheese and soft boil the eggs. Then when the pasta is ready, you just toss it all together!
How to Soft Boil an Egg:
This is super simple. Just place eggs in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Once water boils turn off heat and allow eggs to sit in the hot water for 3-4 minutes. Three minutes renders a pretty soft yolk, great for toast, but for this recipe I wanted the yolk a bit firmer so I let it sit for four minutes. Then run the eggs under cold water, peel and place on the pasta.
The Recipe: Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Soft Boiled Eggs
Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Soft Boiled Eggs
Yield 4 -6
A quick, easy meal that also happens to be very easy on the wallet!
- 1 pound spaghetti, prepared to package instructions
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed off and sliced
- 1/2 stick of butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (if needed)
- 6 ounces parmesan, shaved
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2-4 eggs, soft boiled
- Place a large pot of salted water to boil
- While waiting for pasta water to boil prep Brussels sprouts, garlic, cheese and measure out cream
- When water boils add pasta and stir
- Place eggs in small pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Once water boils, remove from heat and let sit for 4 minutes. Rinse eggs under cold water for a minute, then peel.
- When pasta has about six minutes cooking time left place 3 tablespoons butter into a LARGE skillet and turn on med/high heat
- When butter is melted add Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally until sprouts are bright green and tender, add garlic and cook one more minute stirring frequently
- Strain pasta in a colander (do not rinse) and add to pan with Brussels sprouts
- Add cream, pine nuts and the last tablespoon of butter, sea salt and pepper to taste
- Toss and cook together for one more minute. If pasta is a little dry, drizzle with a little olive oil and toss again.
- Serve: plate pasta, sprinkle with shaved Parm and place an egg on top of each plate. Eat!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!