Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. It’s one of my favorite holidays, and not because I am Mexican, or celebrating another nation’s liberty, my love of this holiday is purely selfish. I simply love to eat Mexican food!
I have been gearing up for this holiday for weeks and these Steak and Shrimp Fajitas with all the fixings will definitely be on our menu come May 5th.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales but your price remains the same.)
So Easy~ No Lie!
Fajitas are super easy to make: simply slice the veggies and the steak, season the steak and shrimp with garlic, turmeric, chili powder, coriander and cumin, then cook (in one pan!) and serve with tortillas and your choice of fixings!
Get 3 FREE Family Menu Meals from Sun Basket! Fresh organic, non-GMO ingredients and kid-friendly recipes delivered!
I serve my fajitas with corn tortillas cooked right on the flame, a generous side of chunky guacamole, and black beans and pico de gallo. But if you prefer you could also serve with this Mango Salad and rice.
The Recipe: Steak and Shrimp Fajitas with all the Fixings!
Tips and what you will need: You can use store bought guacamole and pico de gallo or find my recipes here. This recipe is gluten and dairy free. For cooking fajitas I prefer to use a cast iron pan. (affiliate link) As always you will need a good knife. To make this recipe Paleo or Whole 30, use lettuce wraps instead of tortillas!
Steak and Shrimp Fajitas with all the Fixings!
Yield 4 -6
A simple fajita recipe with all the fixings! To make this recipe Paleo or Whole 30 use lettuce wraps instead of tortillas and skip the beans.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green (or yellow if you prefer) bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs top sirloin steak strips, sliced 1/4" thick (or filet mignon if it's in the budget)
- 1 pound wild Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined (I buy them already that way at Whole Foods)
- Powdered garlic, coriander, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 limes, quartered
- 12 sprigs Fresh cilantro
- 12 small corn tortillas (to make this recipe paleo/whole 30 use lettuce wraps instead of tortillas
If serving with guacamole and pico de gallo, prepare ahead (recipe linked above)
Prepare all veggies and cook:
- Place a pan on med/high heat, add olive oil and then add peppers and onions to pan
- Caramelize the vegetables, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes
While vegetables cook prepare steak and shrimp:
- Slice steak. Season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder pepper to taste. Season shrimp by sprinkling with garlic, coriander, chili powder, turmeric (to taste) and then lightly season with sea salt and pepper, set aside
- When veggies are caramelized to your liking, lightly season with sea salt and pepper and then remove vegetables from pan and set aside
- Add steak to the same pan (add a little more olive oil if needed) cook on high heat for two minutes then add shrimp and cook for two more minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add veggies back to pan and cook another minute or two.
- While veggies and meats cook, heat tortillas right on the burner flame for about 20 seconds a side or until warm and slightly charred
- Fill tortillas or lettuce raps with fajitas and serve with all the fixings garnish with quartered limes and cilantro sprigs
Courses Main Course
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!