The Best Homemade Chicken Salad is here. Why is it the best? Because it is quick and easy to toss together, tastes amazing, and can be served up so many ways. This recipe happens to be Paleo, Whole 30 and keto compliant!
(This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure at bottom of page)
Homemade Chicken Salad: Simply The Best!
I suggest you use fresh rotisserie chicken for this recipe or you can brine and cook your own. You can see how to brine chicken breasts here. Then add diced cucumber, quartered grapes, garden grown chives, and pistachios and holy moly is it good! And beautiful, if I do say so myself. You can serve it alone…
…or scoop it into half an avocado….
…or serve it on a bed of baby greens. No matter how you serve it, it will be amazing!
The Mayo…Make Your Own…or Not!
When it comes to chicken salad, what you put on it is as important as what you put in it. So I opt for an amazing homemade mayo. (<— recipe) But you can find paleo/whole30/keto friendly brands of mayonnaise at some stores, or click to have good quality mayo shipped to your door.
The Recipe: The Best Homemade Chicken Salad
The Best Homemade Chicken Salad
Yield 4 servings
An easy to make delicious chicken salad. Serve with greens. Alone, this recipe is Paleo-Whole 30- Keto compliant. Of course you can serve on bread if desired.
Dicing everything the same size makes for a prettier salad
- two cups home cooked or rotisserie chicken, cooled and diced 1/2"
- 1 cup, diced cucumbers 1/2"
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, quartered so you get more sweet in each bite! (keto you can skip if desired)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pistachios (or your favorite nut!)
- mayonnaise, to taste (homemade recipe linked above)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- sea salt, pepper to taste
- Optional: greens, avocados
For chicken salad:
- Combine all ingredients except avocado and greens (if using) and stir with desired amount of mayonnaise. Add sea salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve alone, place on a bed of greens, or scoop into half an avocado
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!