I love this salad! Chopped romaine, caramelized walnuts, diced apples, dried cranberries and aged gouda drizzled with an amazing tangy apple vinaigrette. It looks lovely and tastes even better!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
The Apple Vinaigrette:
The salad dressing on this salad is the perverbial icing on the cake! It is made with heart healthy olive oil, apple juice concentrate and white balsamic vinegar. My favorite white balsamic vinegar is called Prelibato. It is smooth and creamy and really makes a difference in a salad dressing.
The Recipe: Chopped Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
Tips and what you will need: After using frozen apple juice concentrate, replace lid, cover with plastic wrap and use a rubber to seal, put back in freezer so you can use it again next time! See ‘how to caramelize nuts here. You will need apple cider vinegar, white balsamic vinegar and sea salt (my favorites) Affiliate links.
The Organic Kitchen Chopped Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup good quality Gouda cheese, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts raw or caramelized, to taste (see link above)
- 2 Granny Smith apples diced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 T frozen organic apple juice concentrate (reseal with plastic and a rubber band and place back in freezer to avoid waste)
- 4 T apple cider vinegar
- 3 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine ingredients, dress with apple vinaigrette. Toss and serve.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk. Dress salad. Save extra dressing in covered container in the fridge for up to a week. Once plated, add more freshly ground pepper if desired.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.