Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs
Yield 2 -4
An easy meal for any time! It is important to use large sweet potatoes and small eggs or the eggs won't fit!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- clarified butter, ghee or butter
- sea salt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 small eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place foil in bottom of oven to catch potato drippings.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Use a paper towel to LIGHTLY coat skin of each potato with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on oven rack and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a fork goes in easily.
- While potatoes bake, cook bacon, set on paper towels to drain, chop.
- Slice chives.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place potatoes on parchment and carefully cut in half lengthwise. Use your knife to make slits in the flesh of the potatoes.
- Add as much butter as you like and mash with a fork. Use the back of a spoon to create a crater in each potato, sprinkle with half of the bacon.
- Gently crack an egg into each potato half.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Whites should be solid, yolks soft.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, the rest of the bacon and chives. Serve.
Courses Breakfast, lunch or dinner
Recipe by The Organic Kitchen Blog and Tutorials at http://www.theorganickitchen.org/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes/