I love a good crisp salad. Especially one with a bit of heat. If you toss some rotisserie chicken in this Chopped Mexican Salad with Creamy Chipotle Avocado Dressing it’s a complete easy meal! Or serve it as a side dish with my Spicy Lime Chicken, either way your family is going to love it!
A bed of crispy romaine lettuce, topped with fresh and grilled vegetables…
…and dressed with the creamiest avocado dressing.
Seasoned with fresh garlic and cilantro.
And chipotle chili powder, sea salt, and fresh lime juice.
…all blended together for the perfect creamy consistency! I use a Blendtec Blender and love it!
Such a colorful and beautiful meal!
The Recipe: Chopped Mexican Salad with Creamy Chipotle Avocado Dressing
Tips and Variations: To make this recipe dairy free use almond milk (my recipe linked above) Add rotisserie chicken to make a complete meal.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 large orange bell pepper diced and sautéed
- kernels from two ears of corn sautéed
- 4-5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 small roma tomatoes diced
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 -2 tsp chipotle chili powder 1 for mild, 2 for a little heat
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place 1 tablespoon butter in sauce pan on medium/high heat.
Add diced bell pepper. Sautée for three minutes.
Add corn kernels to pan and sauté, stirring frequently for 4 more minutes. If corn starts popping turn down heat to medium.
While veggies cook, place romaine, beans, tomatoes and onions on a large platter.
When bell pepper and corn are soft and slightly browned remove from heat.
Allow to cool a bit and then place on salad. Dress, toss and serve.
Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth. Pour over salad and toss.
I serve this salad with my Spicy Lime Chicken for a beautiful, healthy, delicious dinner! If you would like more recipes like this one please sign up for my weekly newsletter just under my picture in the right side bar!~ Linda Spiker
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!