I am in love with this Kale Chicken Caesar Salad. It’s a complete meal, takes less than 20 minutes to make and it’s healthy: fresh organic greens, high quality protein, and plenty of healthy fats!
(This post is sponsored by Chosen Foods!)
Why All The Healthy Fats?
The dressing on this Caesar Salad is made with coconut oil mayo from Chosen Foods! Coconut oil is rich in MCTs: medium chain triglycerides… otherwise known as healthy fats! Coconut oil + cage-free organic eggs = rich and creamy mayonnaise. It tastes just like the mayo you grew up with, only healthier! Perfect for sandwiches, pasta salads, creamy salad dressings, and more.
- Non GMO
- Made with cage-free, organic eggs
- No coconut flavor
- Clean ingredients, crazy good taste!
Get a Bottle of Mayo Free!
Chosen Foods Mayo is available at Kroger locations as well as online at Chosen Foods, and you can BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE right now using the discount code: COCONUTBOGO (case sensitive)
You can make your own Caesar Salad Dressing very easily, and all you need to do it is a bowl, a whisk and five minutes! It’s so simple to do and tastes so much better than store bought that there really is no reason to buy a bottle.
The greens in this salad are a combination of kale and romaine tossed with avocado, leftover roasted or rotisserie chicken, and your choice of croutons or Parmesan crisps…or both if you like things extra crunchy.
Parmesan crisps are easy to make, but many stores carry them and often offer seasoned versions like the one pictured below. If you would like to make them yourself it’s as simple as freshly grating parmesan cheese and baking on a silicon mat at high temp. You can also make them seasoned by sprinkling with pepper, sesame seeds and garlic powder. Complete instructions in recipe below.
The Recipe: Kale Chicken Caesar Salad
Tips and what you’ll need: if making your own Parmesan crisps you will need a baking sheet and a silicon baking mat. Gluten free friends, skip the croutons or use your favorite GF brand. The Parmesan crisps are naturally gluten free. I use leftover roasted or rotisserie chicken for this recipe. If you need a gluten free Worcestershire Sauce, click!
A delicious complete meal Chicken Caesar salad with avocado, croutons and Parmesan crisps.
- If making Paremesan crisps yourself, please make ahead of time. You can use rotisserie chicken in this recipe or leftover roasted chicken.
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pepper, sesame seeds, garlic powder are all optional
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or grated on microplane
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more to grate on top of salad
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (gluten free friends see links above)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste optional
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 generous pinch sea salt, a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- Half a head of kale, about 4 cups, ribs removed and chopped
- Half a head romaine, about 3-4 cups, chopped
- 1-2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- Croutons, optional
- Parmesan cheese crisps, store bought or make your own
- Sliced rotisserie chicken or leftover roasted chicken
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place oven rack in upper third of oven. Place a silicon baking mat on a cookie sheet.
Form 6-8 rows of parmesan (about 3" long, 1 inch wide) on a silicon baking mat and press cheese down a little. If using seasonings, sprinkle each row lightly with seasoning. Place in oven for five minutes or until crisps are golden. Allow to cool and become crispy.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside
Wash, dry and chop lettuce. Wash and dry kale, remove center 'ribs' from leaves and chop. Place prepared lettuce and kale onto a platter.
Add diced avocado and croutons if using. Toss with desired amount of dressing. If you have any leftover place in the fridge for up to a week.
Plate salad, add sliced chicken and parmesan crisps. Sprinkle with a little more black pepper and parm if desired and serve.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!