Take a look at this pasta! Made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, lemon, olive oil, capers and sea salt… it is heaven on a plate. This Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes and Lemon only takes five minutes to prep, less than five minutes to cook!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission from sales but your price remains the same.)
Tips for Making Pasta with Tomatoes and Lemon:
There are only a few ingredients in this pasta dish, so make sure they are all fresh and very good quality. Use a good extra virgin olive oil, a fabulous sea salt (or buy the tub to save money) and gourmet pasta for best results! I prefer an “Angel Hair” or Capellini because they take only 3-4 minutes to cook.
TIPS FOR COOKING PASTA:
When cooking pasta there are only a few things to remember.
1. Follow pasta box cooking instructions, they usually are right on.
2. Salt the water for flavor.
3. To keep pasta from sticking be sure to have lots of water in your pot, at least several inches above the pasta to allow room for expansion, and 4. stir frequently.
MAKING THIS MEAL GLUTEN FREE AND JUST AS GOOD!
If you live without gluten you don’t have to miss out on exceptional pasta! Jovial Foods makes the best gluten free pasta around. I am lucky enough to live by a store that carries it, but if you aren’t you can order it here!
Love Vegetarian Pastas and Need More Recipes?
Try my Brown Butter Ravioli!
The Recipe : Pasta with Tomatoes and Lemon
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta, or pasta of your choice
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, diced (approx 4 small or 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 large lemon, or more if you like things lemony
- 2 tablespoons capers (no juice from the jar)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Red peppers flakes, (optional) to taste
Place large pot of water on cook top to boil (follow package instructions for cooking pasta)
Prepare all ingredients while waiting for water to boil.
Place diced tomatoes on paper towels to absorb extra juice, then place tomatoes in a large bowl, set aside.
Combine olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice, capers and a pinch of sea salt in a small dish, whisk.
After all ingredients are prepared, add pasta to boiling water.
When pasta is al dente, strain and pour over tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil mixture and toss till thoroughly combined. Sprinkle with Parmesan (optional), sea salt and red pepper flakes if desired. If you need a little more olive oil, add it! Serve:)
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
All photos and recipes are copyrighted by Linda Spiker.