Another casual Friday dinner idea to make your life easier! You are going to love this easy to make salmon topped with pesto, simple side salad and crispy Parmesan bread.
It takes only minutes to make a fresh pesto!
And it’s so much better than store bought!
Spoon it on top of a perfectly seared salmon filet and you have a perfect combination of flavors. Of course our pesto and our salad dressing (below) are made with heart healthy olive oil! We would have it no other way!
To remove skin from salmon after searing, simply put a fish spatula between the meat of the fish and skin, slide it from one end to the other and left!
The Recipe: Pesto Salmon
Btw my favorite knife is 50% off! Save 50% Off the Wusthof Classic Block Set Now Only $249.96 + Free Shipping at SurLaTable.com! Offer valid for a limited time. (affiliate link)
This crispy salmon dish is easy to prepare and the pesto is great used on sandwiches and pasta. If you have extra, save it in a small jar, drizzle with olive oil and cover in fridge for up to five days.
- Desired amount of 6 oz salmon filets, skin on
- Sea salt
- Ghee, Coconut oil, or butter (enough to coat pan)
- Basil Pesto: Makes enough to top 8 pieces of salmon
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts (or roasted walnuts)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in center of oven.
- For Salmon:
- Lightly sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oven safe pan on cooktop med/high for three minutes. Add enough ghee, butter or coconut oil to lightly coat the bottom of pan and allow oil to get hot. Carefully place salmon skin side up on pan…you should hear the “pshhhh” sound. Cook for 3-4 minutes till salmon is golden and crispy. Gently turn skin side down and sear for one more minute. Now transfer pan to preheated oven and cook for 10-12 minutes depending on how thick the salmon is. When done, remove from oven. To serve, remove salmon from skin by sliding your spatula between the skin and meat of the salmon (see page…) This should be very easy, the skin will stay in the pan. Place salmon on a plate and top with pesto.
- For Pesto:
- Pulse garlic in food processor till minced. Add basil leaves, cheese and nuts. Puree in processor, slowly adding olive oil till desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. Place a nice spoonful of pesto on top of each salmon filet and enjoy!