Many people enjoy beets but say they would use them in recipes more often if they didn’t take so long to prepare. I’ve got that problem solved with this ’15 Minute Beet and Citrus Salad Crostini!’ Gorgeous greens, cooked beets, tangerines and toasted baguette spread with goat cheese, all drizzled with a Sweet Tangerine Vinaigrette!
Post sponsored by Love Beets!
Ordinarily this salad would take about an hour to make. You would need to wash, peel, dice and roast the beets before making the salad, which is great if you have the time to do it. But if you can save time and still have a delicious outcome, why not? I use organic cooked beets from Love Beets! They are non GMO and come fully prepared. All you have to do is dice them up. You can find them in the produce section of a store near you.
I love this beautiful combination of colors and flavors! You can eat the salad alone or serve on top of crostini!
The Recipe: 15 Minute Beet and Citrus Salad Crostini
15 Minute Beet and Citrus Salad Crostini
A quick and easy salad or appetizer!
- 3 small cooked beets (I use Love Beets prepared beets. To roast your own: peel, dice and toss beets with olive oil and sea salt. Roast on a parchment covered cookie sheet for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 1 baguette sliced, brushed with olive oil and toasted in oven
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 5 tangerines, 2 sectioned and sliced, 3 juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for brushing bread)
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place rack in upper third of oven.
- Slice baguette and place bread on cookie sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Dice beets and place in a bowl.
- Peel two tangerines, section and slice each section into thirds.
- Juice remaining three tangerines.
- Whisk olive oil, tangerine juice, vinegar and honey together. Add a generous pinch of sea salt and a few turns of pepper.
- When bread is toasted remove from oven and spread with goat cheese.
- Place arugula on a platter and toss with some dressing. Toss beets with some dressing and then place beets on top of greens.
- Place tangerines on top, sprinkle with pine nuts and chives. Eat salad alone or use to top crostini!
Courses salad, appetizer
More amazing products from Love Beets!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.