By now most coffee drinkers have heard about the magical effects of bulletproofing coffee: more energy, better mental acuity, less belly fat, happier digestion and better skin (to name just a few!) But what if you don’t drink coffee but still want all the health benefits of bulletproofing? Is it possible for non-coffee drinkers get the benefits of bulletproofing that coffee drinkers get? Shop Bulletproof Coffee
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
What is ‘Bulletproofing’ and What are The Benefits?
‘Bulletproofing’ coffee means that you simply add a couple of ingredients to your coffee that are high in healthy medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s)…in other words, ‘fats’. Medium chain fats are easily digestible and supply the brain with what it needs for better mental acuity. These fats also give you more energy, balance hormones, improve thyroid function, and maximize your fat burning capabilities! MCT’s also give you the feeling of being full, which is great because you may just end up eating less. To ‘bulletproof’ coffee most people add a little grass fed butter or ghee and a quality source of MCT’s like Bulletproof’s Brain Octane Oil. And for additional belly and skin benefits some people add a grass fed gelatin. Both the gelatin powder and Bulletproof Oil are flavorless and odorless so no worries about taste! These ingredients are not only great for your body, your brain and your belly but they also make for the richest, most flavorful and delicious cup of coffee ever. But again, what if you, like me, don’t drink coffee?
Criobru: Honest Energy Coffee Alternative
Crio Bru is a delicious, healthy alternative to coffee made from ground cocoa beans. Like coffee, the grounds are brewed or steeped resulting in a delicious drink. The natural energy boost you get with a cup of Crio Bru comes without the discomfort or or jitters you may experience with caffeine. This delicious coffee alternative is made with 100% Fair Trade cacao beans, roasted and ground using a proprietary process that preserves many of it’s plentiful health benefits.
Contrary to what some people believe, cocoa contains little to no caffeine; instead it has theobromine, a natural and gentle stimulant relative to caffeine. Unlike caffeine – which is harsh causing a spike and then a crash – theobromine works with your body, not against it, giving you a mild, long-lasting lift without making you feel nervous or jittery.
Criobru: Boosts Your Immune System and Promotes Weight Loss:
Low in calories and carbs – and with theobromine as a natural appetite suppressant – cacao is the superfood that helps curb your appetite while promoting weight loss and healthy living.
Rich in Magnesium and Other Minerals
Cacao has high levels of magnesium, zinc, and other minerals supporting the heart, aiding digestion, building strong bones and healthy blood.
Supports Body and Brain Chemistry
Cacao is abundant in chemicals produced by the body but rarely found in most foods:
- Anadamide, an endorphin or “bliss chemical” produced after exercise
- Phenylethylamine for increased focus and alertness
- Serotonin, a primary neurotransmitter that helps build a “stress defense shield”
- Tryptophan, an amino acid that enhances relaxation and promotes better sleep
My Favorite Flavor and How I Bullet Proof My Crio Bru:
My favorite flavor of Crio Bru is Dominican Republic. Like coffee beans, cocoa beans have a variety of flavors depending on where they are grown, and like coffee beans they are a little bitter. I happen to be a dark chocolate lover, so I like mine that way. If you prefer a less bitter taste, try adding a few drops of liquid Stevia. Stevia is a natural, low glycemic, calorie free way to sweeten your brew without harmful effects of sugar or artificial sweeteners. Of course you can always use honey or maple syrup. And as mentioned above, some people add a spoonful of grass fed gelatin for even more belly and skin benefits.
More Ways to “Bulletproof”
if hot drinks aren’t your thing you can also get the benefits of using Bulletproof’s Brain Octane Oil by adding it to smoothies and salad dressings!
My Crio-Brew Recipe:
What you will need: I make my Crio Bru (<–found here) in a French press (<—found here) but you can also use a regular coffee maker. I add Bulletproof’s Brain Octane Oil, grass fed butter or ghee, and grass fed gelatin. Crio Bru is Paleo/Whole 30, Non GMO, Gluten Free and Kosher. If you are a coffee drinker, Shop Bulletproof Coffee here.
'Bulletproofing' for Coffee and Non-Coffee Drinkers
You can drink crio bru with or without sweeteners. If you like to add a little sweetener I recommend liquid stevia drops, raw honey, or maple syrup.
- 1 cup prepared crio bru or coffee
- 1 teaspoon grass fed butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon brain octane oil (link above) Start with 1 teaspoon and work your way up to a tablespoon over a few weeks
- 1 tablespoon grass fed gelatin (optional but recommended)
- Sweetener: add a few drops of liquid stevia, or honey or maple syrup if desired
- Make coffee or crio bru the way you always do.
- Add grass fed ghee or butter, brain octane oil and gelatin (if using), whisk well
- Add your choice of sweetener if desired
- Enjoy and have an energy filled day!
- How I make mine: for one cup Crio Bru: place two scoops Crio Bru into a French Press, then add 1 1/4 cup boiling water. Allow to steep for 4-6 minutes. Press, pour into a cup. Add Brain Octane Oil, grass fed butter or ghee. Add gelatin and whisk well. If using Stevia, 3-4 drops are enough. On occasion I like to add a little vanilla paste or cinnamon.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!