OH. MY. GOODNESS. Who knew so much goodness could fit on one little piece of bread. Thick sliced applewood bacon, creamy ricotta, basil and fig jam all atop a fresh slice of toasted baguette. What a combo! This Bacon Ricotta Bruschetta with Fig Jam makes a delightful appetizer, side dish to a salad, or light lunch!
This recipe is brought to you by Just Jan’s, makers of fine jams, jellies, curds and spreads!
This beautiful bruschetta is very easy to make, just brush baguette slices with olive oil, pop in the oven…
…then top with rich ricotta cheese, fig spread, bacon slices and sprinkle with basil, sea salt and pepper. Amazing I tell you! For this recipe I use Just Jan’s Kadota Fig Spread! Just Jan’s Kadota Fig Spread is all natural with no preservatives. It’s a sweet complement to any cheese platter or a great way to change up your PB&J.
The combination of crispy bread, creamy ricotta, salty bacon and sweet fig jam is perfection. Serve these at a party and they will be the first thing to go!
How to ‘Chiffonade’ Basil
Adding a little greenery to this recipe not only adds flavor but color and beauty as well. Instead of roughly chopping the basil I like to make a chiffonade. A ‘chiffonade’ is simply a way of cutting large leaf herbs so they are a ribbon-like garnish. Just stack the leaves, roll tightly and slice…
The Recipe: Bacon Ricotta Bruschetta with Fig Jam
- 10 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and cut into thirds
- 1 baguette, sliced ½" and toasted
- olive oil
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta
- fig jam
- ½ cup basil, chiffonade cut
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon until done but not too crispy, set aside. When cooled, cut each slice into three pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place rack in upper third of oven.
- Slice baguettes and brush each slice with olive oil, place on cookie sheet, toast for 3-4 minutes.
- When baguette slices a slightly golden, spoon ricotta onto each little toast and put back into the oven for 1-2 minutes, just until cheese is slightly warm. Remove from oven.
- Top each toast with a small spoonful of fig jam, top with bacon and sprinkle with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and basil. Serve!
More Recipes for The Bacon Lover:
Bacon Sriracha Chicken Skewers on Coconut Rice!
Cheddar Bacon Biscuits with Cinnamon Butter
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Gourmet Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Apples and Caramelized Onions
Enjoy~ Linda Spiker
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.