Are you ready for another fabulous Sun Basket recipe? I sure am, because Sun Basket recipes are always amazing. Just take a look at these Quinoa Fritters with Strawberry and Arugula Salad. Simply gorgeous, and this meal is flavorful, delicious, healthy, easy to make, and vegetarian. Perfect for a budget friendly meatless Monday.
This recipe is brought to you by Sun Basket!
Why I Use Sun Basket: Fresh, Organic, Non GMO, Convenient!
Each box from Sun Basket contains the ingredients for 3 meals for 2 to 4 people at $11.49 per meal and you can customize with Paleo, Gluten–Free, and Vegetarian options. The meals are delicious and healthy, most recipes take about 30 minutes to prepare. Ingredients are shipped in an insulated box so they stay fresh. Recyclable and reusable packaging materials are used and Sun Basket provides free pick up of packaging. Sun Basket makes a great wedding gift or baby shower present!
Get $30 off your Sun Basket order! Organic ingredients from the best West Coast farms and easy, healthy recipes delivered weekly.
An Added Perk: Sun Basket Teaches You to Be a Better Cook!
Even the best cooks get stuck in ruts, using the same ingredients and the same herbs and spices all too frequently. Sun Basket meals are designed by a chef and use a wide variety of ingredients, fresh herbs and dried spices, so you never get bored. Literally you can eat for months without ever repeating a meal! But if you want to repeat a meal you can at any time because the box comes with recipes cards for you to keep.
And the meals look like this!
You are going to love this recipe!
It’s light and lovely and looks spectacular on a plate.
The Recipe: Quinoa Fritters with Strawberry and Arugula Salad
Tips and what you will need: Tahini is a sesame seed paste and can be found at almost all grocery stores or you can have it delivered to your door! If cooked quinoa has excess water, definitely drain it or your patties will be soggy. Nobody likes a soggy fritter! You will need a microplane for zesting lemon. My followers can Get $30 off your Sun Basket order!
Quinoa Fritters with Strawberry and Arugula Salad
Author: Linda Spiker
Recipe type: Main Course and Side Salad
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1½ lemons, zest of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- sea salt
- ⅓ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound baby arugula
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- ¼ pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3½ Tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- Prepare Tahini Yogurt Sauce:
- Use a microplane to zest one lemon, then juice 1 and a half lemons, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- In a bowl, whisk the tahini paste and 2 teaspoons lemon juice vigorously until smooth
- Add the yogurt and whisk the mixture thoroughly.
- Season with sea salt to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
- In a pot, combine the quinoa and ⅔ cup salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. If there is still too much water drain in a screen colander or regular colander lined with a paper towel. Spread the quinoa out onto a sheet pan or plate to cool. While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the remaining fritter ingredients.
- Prep the fritter ingredients
- Finely chop the scallions
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop ½ cup of the arugula, reserving the rest for the salad.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and lightly beat.
- Into the bowl with the eggs, add the scallions, parsley, chopped arugula, lemon zest, panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and the cooked, cooled, quinoa. Mix well to combine. With damp hands, shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- Cook the fritters
- In a pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the quinoa patties, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. While they cook, prepare the salad.
- Make the salad
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper (if you like the dressing sweeter add a little honey). Whisk.
- Add the strawberries, walnuts, and remaining arugula. Toss to coat and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Transfer the quinoa fritters to individual plates and top with some of the yogurt-tahini sauce. Serve with the salad and more sauce on the side.
More Sun Basket Recipes:
Chipotle Chicken Wings and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Spiced Lamb Patties and Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Maple Vanilla Overnight Oats
Enjoy my friends! And if you are thinking of ordering Sun Basket I hope you will take advantage of the special deal my followers receive! Get $30 off your Sun Basket order! Organic ingredients from the best West Coast farms and easy, healthy recipes delivered weekly. Sun Basket delivers to AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, UT, VA, WA, WV, VT, & parts of AR.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!