I just keep rolling out the 15 minute meals! It’s a fact of life that sometimes you just don’t have the time or energy to make a substantial dinner….or do you? 15 minutes is all you need to make this Steak and Eggs with Salad! It is a perfect example of a quick, easy, delicious, complete meal made in minutes: tender grass fed steak, a perfectly fried egg and delicious greens in one bowl. Paleo and Whole 30 compliant too. Gotta love that! (This post contains affiliate links)
I use grass-fed filet mignon or to make it more budget friendly, grass fed top sirloin from ButcherBox. ButcherBox offers grass fed beef delivered to your door!
YOU MAY BE WONDERING “WHY GRASS FED?”
I know beef companies proudly tout “corn fed” like it’s a good thing, but it’s not. Corn is not a cow’s natural food, grass is. Corn and other grains make cows sick and when they get sick they are pumped with antibiotics, which are passed right along to you. In fact, conventional grain-fed beef is twice as likely to contain dangerous bacteria resistant to antibiotics than grass fed beef. No bueno.
Grass fed cows make superior meat too. Yep, it tastes better and is better for you. The meat from grass fed cows is higher in the healthy omega 3 fats and lower in the inflammation causing omega 6 fats. And it’s nice to know these cows live a better life than those that live in overcrowded feedlots. The problem is, grass fed beef can be hard to find, luckily ButcherBox make grass fed beef accessible to everyone in the US!
How I Keep It Quick!
To make this meal in less than 15 minutes, I slice the steak, season it, and sear it in the same pan as the eggs. Then arrange it in a bowl with greens, tomatoes, Persian cucumber, grated carrots and for a little probiotic boost some fermented cabbage. Then I drizzle it all in a simple lemon garlic vinaigrette!
The Recipe: 15 Minute Steak and Eggs with Salad (Paleo/Whole 30)
Tips and what you will need: a grill pan, I used a Anolon Tri-Ply Clad 12” Deep Ground Grill Pan.
- For Salad:
- 2 cups chopped romaine hearts (or your favorite lettuce)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halfed
- ½ a small Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated finely
- 4 Tablespoons fermented cabbage (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ a small glove of garlic finely minced
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- The Steak and Eggs:
- 2 Tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2- 6 oz filet mignon or top sirloin steaks, sliced ¼ thick
- sea salt
- 2 eggs
- Combine lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes and toss together, divvy up evenly into two bowls
- Add ½ the grated carrots and cabbage (optional) to each bowl set aside
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set aside
- Slice steaks into ¼" pieces and season both sides
- Heat a grill pan on high heat for three minutes
- Add butter, ghee or coconut oil and distribute on pan bottom evenly
- Add steak slices to one side of pan and eggs to the other
- Turn steak slices after searing for two minutes and cook second side for two minutes
- Place steak slices in bowl, drizzle steak and salad with dressing
- Remove eggs from pan when whites are cooked and center is runny and add to bowl
- Sprinkle eggs with sea salt and pepper, serve.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free