This Three Cheese Tortellini with Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes is so flavorful and savory you would never guess it only takes minutes to prepare and cook!
I saute traditional Italian herbs and vegetables that really pack a flavorful punch: basil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, spring onions, spinach and roasted pine nuts. Then I “finish” the pasta in the pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt!
The Recipe: Three Cheese Tortellini with Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Olivers & Co is having a Thanksgiving Sale – Save up to 50% off + Find the perfect hostess gifts.
- 16 oz pasta (I use Three Cheese Tortellini from Whole Foods)
- 3 T butter
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cups sun dried tomatoes (I prefer the kind in the pouch for this recipe instead of packed in oil)
- 10 leaves basil, chopped
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ½ cup roasted pine nuts
- 2 T olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- (if using a plain pasta instead of cheese filled tortellini, you can add a cup of fresh Parmesan)
- Set large stock pot to boil (cook pasta to package instructions)
- While water is heating, prepare all ingredients
- Add pasta to water.
- Five minutes before pasta is finished add butter to large pan on medium/ high heat
- Add green onions and saute for 2 minutes
- Add minced garlic, stir for one minute
- Add sundried tomatoes, keep stirring.
- Add basil and spinach to pan right before pasta is ready.
- Strain pasta in colander, do not rinse.
- Add pasta to pan to 'finish'
- Toss pasta with all ingredients
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and Sprinkle with sea salt
- Toss again. Add Pine Nuts. Toss and serve.
So lovely! If I were having guests and wanted to use this recipe as a side dish, I would serve this pasta with my garlic roasted chicken for no fuss entertaining! If you like what you see here at The Organic Kitchen please subscribe! (just below my picture in the upper side bar)
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
Disclosure: We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated! Also, if you make any purchases using Amazon I would love it if you would use the affiliate links on this page (highlighted in this post or the Amazon banner in right sidebar). Your cost remains the same but I receive a small commission that helps keep this website up and running. Thanks for your support! ~ Linda Spiker