Keeping it green till Saint Paddy’s Day!
This gorgeous salad was inspired by a salad I had in Sundance Utah when we were at the film festival. Although I have to say my version is better…well I guess I didn’t have to say it, but I did anyway.
Greens set atop an arrangement of Brie and pears, and then topped with raw pecans and drizzled with a Honey Champagne Vinaigrette. Heavenly.
Brie is a soft creamy cheese from France encased in a grayish white ‘rind’, otherwise known as mold. If that bothers you go ahead and cut it off (don’t worry about all those French chefs turning over in their graves).
This salad is all about the arrangement! It’s like a little star burst…if stars were made of fruit and cheese.
Of course our salad dressing is made with heart healthy olive oil and tummy pleasing vinegars.
The Recipe: Pear and Brie Salad with Honey Champagne Vinaigrette
- The Salad:
- 4 cups baby field greens
- 2 pears, thinly sliced (I use bosc and if you are not a fan of pears you can use apples!)
- 1- 8 oz round brie cheese, thinly sliced (4-6 slices per salad)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- avocado (optional)
- ⅓ cup raw pecans (or go fancy and caramelize them)
- Honey Champagne Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 T minced shallots
- 1 T honey
- 1 pinch sea salt (I use Maldons)
- few turns freshly ground pepper
- Dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a small container and whisk. Refrigerate extra dressing for up to a week.
- Lightly dress greens. Arrange pear and brie slices on a plate, alternating each, drizzle lightly with a little dressing. Top with dressed greens, cranberries, pecans and a few extra slices of pear. Drizzle with a tad more dressing if desired. Serve.
Gorgeous! You know what would go fabulously well with this salad? This salmon…
This is my “Salmon with Garlic Butter Sauce” The recipe and tips for buying fish can be found here on one of my favorite blogs, Home Grown and Healthy. I am guest posting while Aubrey is on maternity leave. Yes, we bloggers try to help each other out that way!
I don’t know about you, but I am hungry now. Thanks for stopping by, I really do appreciate it! Please subscribe and share on social media, it all helps me out. Have a fabulous day!
DISCLOSURE: I make a small profit (tiny really) from purchases made through affiliate links in this post. It allows me to keep this fabulous site up and running! Let it be noted that your cost remains the same and I only recommend products or services I have personally used and trust! Pinky swear!