Smoothie Bowls are such a great option for breakfast. Just pop all the ingredients in a blender, give them a spin, pour into a bowl, top with whatever you have on hand and voila! A healthy, delicious breakfast. This is The Organic Kitchen Strawberry Smoothie Bowl with Chia. Pretty, isn’t it?
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
You Know It’s All About That Base…
The base of this smoothie bowl is your favorite milk and frozen strawberries. You can use whole cow’s milk or almond milk. If you want to use almond milk I highly recommend making your own. Honestly it’s so easy and even the best store bought almond milk isn’t half as good as homemade. But I also know people are short on time and if it just isn’t going to happen then use the best tasting store bought you can find.
Place your choice of milk into a blender with frozen strawberries, fresh blueberries, pitted dates and process until smooth. Dates are my favorite way to sweeten smoothies. And they add fiber! Top with fruit, granola, and chia seeds and you have a beautiful smoothie bowl.
The Recipe: Strawberry Smoothie Bowls with Chia
Tips and what you will need: using frozen fruit will make your smoothie thicker and creamier. A good blender is a must, I use Blendtec Find my homemade almond milk here or if cashews are more your bag, click!
Strawberry Smoothie Bowls with Chia
An easy breakfast made in the blender. Keep in mind you can top with whatever fruits, nuts, seeds, granola etc you have on hand.
- 1 cup whole milk (or vanilla almond milk, or vanilla cashew milk, links posted above)
- 1 rounded cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 pitted dates
- If using whole milk add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 a kiwi sliced
- 2 Tablespoons granola (your favorite)
- 2-3 fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place milk or almond milk into blender, add frozen strawberries, blueberries, pitted dates, and vanilla (if using)
- Blend until smooth. Smoothies are one of those 'see how it goes' recipes, so if needed add a little more liquid to thin out...
- Pour into bowl, top with fruits, granola, chia seeds
Courses Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!