Strawberries are in season! This Strawberry Avocado Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette is a light, refreshing spring salad that works as a tasty, beautiful side dish to just about any pasta or protein main course!
This recipe brought to you by La Tourangelle, makers of fine artisan oils.
This salad is made with tender butter leaf lettuce, fresh strawberries, ripe avocados, creamy feta or goat cheese, a hint of mint and dressed with a quick homemade lemon poppyseed vinaigrette! Of course, I always encourage the use organic strawberries, strawberries are one of the most heavily sprayed crops in the US.
This dressing is thick and creamy and whips up in the blender in less than 60 seconds! I always recommend using a great quality, heart healthy, organic extra virgin olive. I use Organic Olive Oil from La Tourangelle. You can buy direct from La Tourangelle or on Amazon.
This fresh, light, healthy salad will be a hit at meals, parties and picnics all spring and summer.
The Recipe: Strawberry Avocado Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
Tips and what you will need: When using so few ingredients it is important to make sure those ingredients are great quality. Be sure to use fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic strawberries, your favorite raw honey and an excellent organic, extra virgin olive oil. I use Organic Olive Oil from La Tourangelle. You can buy direct from La Tourangelle or on Amazon.You will need a good blender. I love my refurbished Blendtec! This recipe is gluten and grain free.
Strawberry Avocado Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
A delicious light healthy salad made with tender butter leaf lettuce and sweet strawberries!
- 1 1/2 heads butter leaf lettuce (or your favorite baby greens)
- 1 pint organic strawberries, washed, stems removed and quartered
- 14/ cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 firm ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Lemon Poppyseed Dressing:
- zest of one small lemon
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- sea salt, pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ T poppy seeds
- Assemble ingredients for salad on a platter.
- Squeeze lemon juice into blender.
- Add honey, sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil into blender very slowly.
- When dressing has emulsified (about 60 seconds) turn off blender.
- Pour dressing into mason jar. Add poppy seeds. Shake.
- Dress lightly and toss. Serve
More Berry Recipes:
For more recipes incorporating healthy oils visit the La Tourangelle Recipe Page or follow La Tourangelle on Pinterest! You can also find La Tourangelle oils on Amazon. For dozens of berry recipes visit “A Berry Delicious Collection of Recipes”
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!