Bread pudding isn’t a common dessert here in the states, but it’s becoming more so, popping up on farm to table restaurant menus across the country. Truly heavenly, it’s no wonder it’s making a comeback. In the past I have shared recipes for Blueberry Bread Pudding and an Orange Cranberry Croissant Bread Pudding, now I think it’s time to add this Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Vanilla Cream Sauce to the repertoire!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
How To make Bread Pudding:
Bread pudding is very simple to make. If you can whisk together cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla paste, pour over bread cubes and bake, then you can make bread pudding. For this recipe I use buttery croissants and add bittersweet chocolate chips.
The Cream Sauce:
After baking, I pour a warm vanilla cream sauce over the puddings and serve. So much warm, gooey chocolate/vanilla goodness should be shared, so I bake them in 12 ounce ramekins for two. This dessert is so rich and creamy I doubt you could finish one off yourself anyway. If you don’t have (or want to buy) ramekins you can bake this dessert in a 7x11x2 baking dish as well.
The Recipe: Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Vanilla Cream Sauce
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Vanilla Cream Sauce
Yield 4 -8
A creamy, gooey, decadent dessert! NOTE: If you are using a baking dish instead of ramekins see notes below on adjusting baking time.
- 5 cups buttery croissants, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups organic granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Vanilla Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter bottom and sides of four 12 to 14 oz ramekins or one 11x7x2 glass baking dish. Place rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl whisk cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla paste until well combined.
- Add croissants, mix well.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes so bread absorbs liquid.
- Separate evenly into ramekins or pour all into single baking baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. (If using a single baking dish instead of ramekins it may take more like 30-35 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Drizzle with cream sauce and serve.
- While bread pudding bakes, make the cream sauce.
- Place all ingredients into small sauce pan. Heat on low until simmering. Take off heat. Pour over bread pudding and serve.
- Serves 4-8 (depending on if you share)
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!