Three of my favorite foods combined on one gorgeous platter… Fruit, Chocolate and Cheese!
I am in love…
How to Make The Ultimate Fruit, Chocolate and Cheese Platter
It’s so simple really. We start with Simple and Crisp Dried Fruit ‘Crackers’ and then either dip in chocolate or top with cheeses, nuts, honey, berries etc… Incredibly gorgeous!
The Recipes: Fruit, Chocolate and Cheese Dessert Platter
Tips and what you will need: Because dried fruit crackers lose some of their crispiness once exposed to air (especially if you live in a humid climate) be sure to open the packs right before serving. The orange crisps stay crispy for days so no worries there. You will need wax paper. This platter is gluten and grain free.
- Dried fruit crackers:
- I use Simple and Crisp pear, apple and orange.
- Fresh Fruit:
- Ripe Strawberries, washed and dried, kiwi, blackberries
- Soft goat cheese (chevre)
- mascarpone (a soft, sweet Italian cream cheese)
- five year aged gouda
- walnuts, chopped
- peach preserves
- vanilla paste
- roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- dried cranberries, chopped
- melted dark and white chocolate
- Orange Crisp Suggestions:
- Melt good quality chocolate according to package directions, when melted stir and the dip orange crisps (covering about ⅓ of crisp) Set on wax paper, leave plain or sprinkle with chopped pistachios and cranberries. Allow to cool and firm up before serving.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
- Melt white or dark chocolate according to package instructions, stir well. Dip berries and place on wax paper until chocolate cools and begins to firm up. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Apple Crisp Suggestions:
- Spread apple crisps with mascarpone and top with diced strawberry and kiwi.
- Mix two parts soft goat cheese with one part peach preserves and a drop or two of vanilla paste. Spread on apple crisp, dab with a little more preserves and top with chopped walnuts.
- Pear Crisp Suggestions:
- Spread with soft goat cheese, top with a blackberry and drizzle with honey
- Top with aged gouda and drizzle with honey.
For more information about Simple and Crisp please visit their website.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.