Well, it has begun. The spring cleaning that is. I am slowly going through rooms, pantries, closets and drawers, paring down and cleaning up. The same goes for my diet. Ridding myself of excess and keeping things clean and simple. Like this Grilled Chicken Salad with Berries and Honey Lemon Dressing.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
The salad is very simple. Baby greens, fresh berries and gorgonzola topped with and my tender grilled chicken breast and drizzled with a simple honey lemon dressing, a perfect spring or summer meal.
There is a trick to getting a perfectly tender boneless skinless chicken breast. Click to find out how to make my tender grilled chicken.
The Recipe: Grilled Chicken Salad with Berries and Honey Lemon Dressing:
You will need: my recipe for grilled chicken breasts and a grill. If you don’t have room for a big grill can I recommend this mini grill from Weber (affiliate link)? We just bought it and love it! Paleo/Whole 30 Option: sub soft cheese for avocado and skip the honey)
- The Salad:
- 4 chicken breasts prepared like this
- 5oz baby greens
- 2 cups assorted berries
- ½ cup gorgonzola, or if you prefer a milder cheese, feta (those living dairy free sub with avocado)
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Honey Lemon Dressing:
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T raw honey (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- few turns fresh black pepper
- For salad:
- Brine chicken as directed here.
- Place all salad items on a platter.
- Prepare dressing:
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, sea salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts as directed above.
- Dress salad, plate and set one sliced chicken breast atop salad on each plate. If you have extra dressing (you should) drizzle over chicken.
Get 3 Meals Free from Sun Basket! Fresh organic ingredients and easy recipes delivered, with Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegetarian options.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.