Today I had a startling realization. I have never posted a pancake recipe on my blog. I decided I needed to remedy that situation stat! I made a run to the store for some fresh blueberries and ricotta, picked some lemons off my tree and voila! Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
Fluffy, Filling and Fantastic!
These pancakes are rich and have a little more body than most pancakes, thanks to the ricotta cheese. Sweetened with blueberries and maple syrup with a just a hint of vanilla and a zing of lemon zest, this recipe is simply dreamy!
The Recipe: Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- 1⅓ cup flour (I used Einkorn, you can use any flour you wish including gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter or ghee (plus more butter to grease pan)
- zest of two medium lemons
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (but thawed) blueberries, separated
- Ricotta Cheese Topping:
- ½ cup full fat ricotta,
- zest of half a lemon
- real maple syrup
- Use a microplane to zest lemons
- Pancake prep:
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs
- Add eggs, vanilla paste or extract, milk, ricotta, melted butter, lemon zest to bowl with flour, whisk well
- fold in ¾ cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries (reserve the last ¼ cup of berries for garnish)
- Use a fork to combine ricotta and lemon zest, warm syrup
- Heat griddle on medium flame, when pan is hot brush with butter
- To Cook:
- Pour pancake batter by ⅓ cup onto griddle. Cook until the first side is golden (about 2-3 minutes) Gently flip and cook the second side until golden.
- Stack pancakes, top with ricotta mixture and berries, drizzle with warm maple syrup. Chow down.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!