This Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potato Hash is all dressed up for the holidays! Of course you can serve it anytime, but the colors make it a perfect festive dish for the holiday table.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales but your price remains the same.)
About This Dish:
I make this recipe using creamy fingerling potatoes cooked to crispy perfection alongside caramelized shallots, red bell peppers and Brussels sprouts. It’s flavorful, delicious, heavy on veggies, gluten free, with a dairy free/whole 30 option. What could be better?
Oh… thickly sliced pancetta…that’s what could be better! The pancetta gives this dish that salty bite.
And it’s all cooked together in one pan.
Notice how the sprouts and onions are caramelized, just gorgeous! You can serve plain or garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds when in season. To see how to easily seed a pomegranate, click!
This dish is so festive and lovely. We make it every Thanksgiving and it is gone stat!
The Recipe: Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potato Hash
Brussels Sprout and Fingerling Potato Hash ~ Simple or dressed up for the Holidays!
A delicious breakfast hash or dinner side dish.
- 4 slices pancetta, cooked till crispy and and chopped (vegetarians skip this step...it's still delicious!)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, butter or ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb small Brussels Sprouts, cut into halves or quarters (depending on size)
- 1/3 lb fingerling potatoes (about ten) thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh pomegranate seeds (when in season)
- Prep ingredients.
- Place pan on medium high heat. Add pancetta, cook till crispy, set on paper towels and set aside. Add butter to pan with pancetta fat. When melted add red peppers.
- Saute for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add brussels sprouts, potatoes and shallots.
- Cook for approx 20 minutes or until veggies are cooked with brown edges.
- Chop pancetta and add to pan. Stir.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. (you won't need much salt if you used pancetta)
- Place on platter and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Courses Breakfast or sidedish
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!