Oh mercy me…it’s like going back in time. Buttermilk biscuits like grandma made. But not quite, because I am adding freshly grated Parmesan, garden fresh chives and toasted pine nuts to make grandma’s recipe a bit more interesting!
These Easy Buttermilk Parmesan Chive Biscuits are going to be a new favorite…you can thank me now, or later. There’s a comment section below specifically for that purpose;)
(This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure at bottom of page)
To make these amazing biscuits I use a good old fashioned handmade dough (it takes minutes I swear!) Then I cut into circles using the top of a mason jar or cookie cutter…
…place on a parchment covered cookie sheet…
…and bake to golden perfection!
Oh my heavens…serve warm and slather with butter!
Oh, But I Am Not Done Yet…I Have a Grain Free Version!
And look how amazing they are! My gluten/grain free friends you can thank me later, or now. There’s a comment section below specifically for that purpose:)
Seriously, you would never guess these are grain free! I use an amazing flour made from the yuca root. It’s called Otto’s Cassava Flour (affiliate link) and it tastes, behaves and bakes the most like all purpose flour of any gluten/grain free flour I have used.
Traditional and Grain Free Parmesan Chive Buttermilk Biscuits
Easy Parmesan Chive Buttermilk Biscuits~ Regular and Grain Free
Delicious savory biscuits made from scratch! To make the grain free version I recommend using Otto's Cassava Flour (link provided above). Otherwise use your favorite flour.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (grain/gluten free friends use cassava flour)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk (for grain free use 1 1/2 cups buttermilk)
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Set oven rack in center position.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet and set aside.
- Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add cut butter. Use your fingertips to pinch butter into dry ingredients until it looks like course meal.
- Add 1 cup fresh parmesan (reserving half a cup fro later) and chives, mix well with hands.
- Make a well in the center and pour buttermilk into well. Stir and then use hands to mix until dough is formed. Dough will be very sticky (grain free won't be as sticky)
- Form into a ball.
- Sprinkle counter with flour and set dough on counter. Use hands to form into a 1" thick flat round disk.
- Cut into circles. I use the top of a mason jar but you can use a round cookie cutter.
- Fold leftover dough and form into a 1" thick flat round disk again. Cut dough. Repeat till all dough is gone.
- Place dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Very quickly sprinkle biscuits with remaining cheese and sprinkle with pine nuts. Bake 3-5 more minutes. Cheese should melt and pine nuts should become golden.
- Serve warm with butter from grass fed cows!
Enjoy my friends! ~ Linda Spiker
Find your perfect hair color now, free of harsh chemicals, odor and mess!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!