Nothing says summer like bare feet in cool grass, eating your meals outside and playing till the sun goes down…
But you know what screams summer? Homemade Ice cream!
Smooth, rich, creamy and cold. Made with three simple ingredients: fresh organic heavy cream, vanilla paste, and sugar. It’s so easy to make! I use a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (affiliate link). It makes 2 1/2 quarts of ice cream in 25 minutes!
You can choose to add fresh organic strawberries or keep it simple, vanilla topped with fresh fruit. I always use Nielsen Massey Vanilla Paste instead of extract. I buy the quart, it’s a money saver! (affiliate link)
We store the ice cream in Tovolo freezer tubs for easy scooping. (affiliate link)
The Recipe: Homemade Vanilla and Strawberry Ice Cream
Tips and what you will need: vanilla paste, Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, and ice cream tubs (affiliate links). Always place ice cream maker freezer bowl in freezer for 24 hours before using. I always use heavy cream, even when the recipe calls for milk. It’s thicker and creamier that way.
Simple No Cook Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
A simple creamy, delightful summer treat.
- 4 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla paste
- In a bowl, whisk or use hand mixer on low speed to combine cream, sugar and vanilla paste. (One minute)
- Don't mix too long or it will turn into whipped cream!
- When sugar is completely dissolved turn on ice cream maker.
- Pour into freezer bowl and allow machine to mix for 25 minutes.
- Store in tubs and freeze or serve immediately.
- If served immediately ice cream will be softer. If frozen and served later it will be firmer.
The Recipe: Simple No Cook Strawberry Ice Cream
Tips and what you will need: vanilla paste, Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, mini food processor or potato masher and ice cream tubs (affiliate link). Always freeze ice cream maker tub for 24 hours before using. I always use heavy cream, even when the recipe calls for milk. It’s thicker and creamier that way!
Simple No Cook Vanilla Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy, no cook ice cream made in 25 minutes! Strawberries need to soak in lemon juice for 2 hours so plan ahead.
- 3 cups fresh ripe organic strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- In a bowl combine strawberries and lemon juice with 1/2 a cup of sugar. Stir gently and allow strawberries to 'soak' for 2 hours. Strain the berries reserving juices for later, mash or puree half the berries (I use a mini food processor or potato masher)
- In a mixing bowl use a whisk or hand mixer on low speed to combine cream and sugar till sugar is dissolved (one minute).
- Add strawberry juice, mashed strawberries (save slices for later) and vanilla. Stir.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour into freezer tub.
- Mix for 20 minutes.
- Add reserved slices, mix for 5 more minutes.
- Serve soft or put in an airtight tub for firmer ice cream.
Have a happy, tasty, homemade ice cream kind of summer friends! ~ Linda Spiker
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!