Yes, I know peaches are almost out of season and ordinarily I would have posted this in June but some things are just out of my control, for example: when my grandchildren are born. Lucy and Henry just had their 2nd and 4th birthdays.
My daughter put together a little party. She happens to be 7 months pregnant with number three and just wasn’t up to a huge shindig, so she kept it small and simple but still managed to make it darling and delicious. The party had a ‘cowboys and Indian’ theme, the meal consisted of bowls of chili, these amazing biscuits and instead of birthday cake she rocked the Perfect Peach Pies!
We flew up from LA for the festivities. Sundance Mountain was misty most of the week…
…but the weather cooperated on party day and the Autumn colors made a perfect backdrop for a fall birthday celebration. And the beautiful peach pies fit right in. We use a crust that is flaky and light, a sweet, easy to make glaze and ripe fresh peaches!
We top these pies with my hand made vanilla ‘sour’ whipped cream…perfection! Notice the specks of real vanilla bean? Those are compliments of my favorite Vanilla Bean Paste. I use it instead of extract in all my recipes. It is available in both 4oz and quart size. If you bake a lot…get the quart!
THE RECIPE: Perfect Fresh Peach Pies with Vanilla Whipped Cream
Suggestions and what you will need: You will need my sour whipped cream recipe, a rolling pin and pie tins OR my favorite ceramic pie plates. You can make the pie crust by hand but a food processor sure makes it easier! (affiliate links)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 5-6 tablespoons cold water
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor.
- Add butter and mix until well incorporated. Add remaining flour and pulse a few times.
- Add water if needed and use hands to combine. Form a ball, cut ball in half. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on a floured surface, place it pie tin or plate and pinch edges of crust.
- Poke surface of crust with a fork several times to avoid bubbling.
- Bake in pie tin for approx. 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Courses Pie Crust
Fresh Peach Pie Filling and Glaze
Yield 2 pies
Filling and glaze for peach pies. Use crust recipe above.
- 16 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Cups sugar
- 6 Tbsp. corn starch or arrow root
- 1/2 Cups lemon juice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 cube butter
- Place water, sugar, corn starch or arrow root and lemon into a pot. Simmer until thick, whisking as needed. When thick turn off heat and add butter. Allow to melt, stirring. Allow to cool for about a half hour, then fold in fresh sliced peaches. Pour into baked pie crusts and chill for 4-5 hours. Top with whipped cream, serve.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.