The holidays are upon us and that calls for really special potatoes. The kind that elicit raves from family and friends. These Decadent Smashed Potatoes are just that kind. Creamy, lovely, decadent smashed potatoes!
(This post contain affiliate links. See full disclosure at bottom of page)
Add fresh chives for a little more falvor and color.
Creme Fraiche is a french sour cream that is creamier and sweeter than regular sour cream. And what would potatoes be without a little Maldon Flaked Sea Salt? Maldon is a chef’s salt that contains no iodine or chemicals to make it flow. We use it here at The OK instead of table salt in all our recipes. I even carry a little tin in my purse…yep I am a little spoiled! You can purchase it here.
Gorgeous, simple and delicious… now go run a few miles.
The Recipe: Decadent Smashed Potatoes
- Makes 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs rose potatoes, skin on
- sea salt
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ t freshly ground pepper (I love this pepper mill)
- 1 T chopped chives
- Place potatoes and two pinches of salt in a pot of cold water, cover and bring to a boil. When water is boiling lower heat, and simmer till potatoes are tender (about 25-30 minutes). When potatoes are almost done, heat half and half and butter in a saucepan.
- Drain potatoes and place them in large bowl (if using a hand mixer) or in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix just long enough to break potatoes up. Add hot half and half/ butter mixture a little at a time while mixing on lowest speed. Add crème fraiche, chives and Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
Post tags: potatoes, butter, chives, creme fraiche, half and half, smashed potatoes, parmesan, a few of my favorite things, holiday, holidays