And now for a little more color.
Creme Fraiche is a french sour cream that is creamier and sweeter than regular sour cream. And what would potatoes be without a little Maldon Flaked Sea Salt? Maldon is a chef’s salt that contains no iodine or chemicals to make it flow. We use it here at The OK instead of table salt in all our recipes. I even carry a little tin in my purse…yep I am a little spoiled! You can purchase it here.
Gorgeous, simple and delicious… now go run a few miles.
The Recipe: Decadent Smashed Potatoes
You will need a mixer (sea salt (
- Makes 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs rose potatoes, skin
- sea salt
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ t freshly ground pepper (I love this pepper mill)
- 1 T chopped chives
- Place potatoes and two pinches of salt in a pot of cold water, cover and bring to a boil. When water is boiling lower heat, and simmer till potatoes are tender (about 25-30 minutes). When potatoes are almost done, heat half and half and butter in a saucepan.
- Drain potatoes and place them in large bowl (if using a hand mixer) or in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix just long enough to break potatoes up. Add hot half and half/ butter mixture a little at a time while mixing on lowest speed. Add crème fraiche, chives and Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve while hot and then run an extra 2 miles tomorrow!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
Disclosure: We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated! Also, if you make any purchases using Amazon I would love it if you would use the affiliate links on this page (highlighted in this post or the Amazon banner in right sidebar). Your cost remains the same but I receive a small commission that helps keep this website up and running. Thanks for your support! ~ Linda Spiker
Post tags: potatoes, butter, chives, creme fraiche, half and half, smashed potatoes, parmesan, a few of my favorite things, holiday, holidays