I made this incredible salad the other day and it was gobbled up so fast I could hardly take the pictures quickly enough. And yes, I was the one that gobbled it up. Self control never was my strong suit.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
But honestly who could blame me? Look at these Greens with Grilled Shrimp and Citrus Vinaigrette!
The star of this salad is cajun shrimp and they are so easy to make. Just sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and with your favorite cajun spice, then grill for a few minutes. That’s it! If you would like to cook the shrimp indoors you can do it on the cooktop using a grill pan.
I chose crispy romaine for the greens in this salad and then topped it with avocado, cucumber, red bell pepper, salted cashews, and sweet mango! The combination of flavors is truly amazing.
This dressing is so delicious and healthful! Olive oil, three kinds of citrus juice, a little cayenne and honey (optional for my sugar free friends) blended in seconds for a thick, creamy, heart healthy dressing.
The Recipe: Greens with Grilled Shrimp and Citrus Vinaigrette!
What you will need: Skewers, cajun spice, a hand held juicer and good high powered blender, I love my Blendtec. If you would like to cook these indoors you can do it on the cooktop using a grill pan. This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, Paleo with a Whole 30 option.
Greens with Grilled Shrimp and Citrus Vinaigrette!
A delicious grilled shrimp salad with mango!
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (Whole 30 friends skip the honey)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews, chopped
- 30 shrimp (I buy mine already deveined)
- sea salt
- cajun spice
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in blender, blend. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend till dressing is emulsified.
- Combine all ingredients on a platter and set aside.
- Place shrimp on skewers. Clean grill and spray or use a paper towel to wipe with coconut oil. Preheat grill to four hundred degrees.
- Add shrimp skewers to grill, cook for 3 minutes, turn. Cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from grill. Dress salad, top with shrimp. Serve.
Courses Main course salad
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!