This salad may look a little familiar to you, it is on the cover or my Spring/Summer cookbook. Mixed greens, fresh summer berries of your choice, caramelized pecans and soft goat cheese all drizzled with raspberry vinaigrette make this salad a summer favorite!
I love caramelized nuts in this salad. Click here to see how to caramelize nuts. Of course if you would rather skip the sugar you can use your favorite raw nut, roasted salted pistachios or cashews!
The Vinegar Makes All the Difference!
I use this Raspberry Vinegar! It’s amazing, rich, flavorful and pulpy.
The Recipe: The Summer Berry Salad
- Raspberry Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ raspberry vinegar by A' Olivier! See link above.
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1- 5 oz. bag mixed baby greens
- ½ cup each of raspberries and blackberries
- 6 sliced strawberries (and sometimes I throw in blueberries!)
- Caramelized Nuts or see above for other choices
- Goat cheese, feta or if you prefer, blue cheese or Gorgonzola
- Dress salad, toss. Extra dressing can be saved for up to a week.
May I Please Ask A Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Post tag: Vegetarian, salad, side dish, fruit