Asparagus is a delicious flowering spring vegetable and believe it or not was once classified in the lily family, along with garlic and onions. See what you can learn in 20 seconds on Google? For the next few months I will pretty much be tossing asparagus into everything, starting with this Spring salad…which is perfect for Easter by the way!
For more Easter recipes, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page!
For greens I use an organic lettuce mix of frisee, spinach, purple cabbage and arugula. Then I top with salad with…
…roasted hazelnuts …
…soft Italian Asiago…
…and blanched asparagus spears.
Then this salad is drizzled in the most amazing Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette made with olive oil, honey, chipotle chili powder (affiliate link)…
When combined you have a sweet, spicy dressing that is perfection on this mouth watering salad.
Gorgeous even before it’s dressed!
The Recipe: Spring Salad with Asparagus and Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette
- Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups organic greens (I use a mix of frisee, spinach, arugula and cabbage)
- 4 thick slices pancetta, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup soft asiago, grated on large holes of cheese grater
- 4 asparagus spears, cut into 1" pieces and blanched
- ⅓ cup roasted Hazelnuts (sometimes called Filberts)
- Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T White Balsamic (I highly recommend this one!)
- 1 T honey
- ½ tsp ground chipotle chili powder (more if you like it hotter)
- sea salt, one pinch
- few turns freshly ground pepper (I love this battery operated pepper grinder)
- Salad Prep
- Cook pancetta till crispy, place on paper towels till cool then chop. Set small pot of water to boil. Cut asparagus into 1" pieces. Place asparagus into boiling water for three minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water, set aside. If the hazelnuts you purchased are raw, toast them by placing them in a pan on medium heat till they are toasted. Allow to cool and then use fingers to peel off the brown skin. Grate cheese. Place all ingredients on a platter and toss.
- Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette Prep:
- Place all ingredients in a glass container and whisk or shake. Lightly dress greens and toss. Serve.
Easter Meal Ideas that Would Work Perfectly with This Salad!:
Lemony Risotto with Asparagus Tips from Jar-O-Honey
Marinated Roast and Red Potatoes from Raia’s Recipes
Spinach and Onion Crustless Quiche from Just Enjoy Food
Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin from A Happy Health Nut
Homemade Honey Baked Ham from Divine Health from The Inside Out
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.