Asparagus is a delicious flowering spring vegetable and believe it or not was once classified in the lily family, along with garlic and onions. See what you can learn in 20 seconds on Google? For the next few months I will pretty much be tossing asparagus into everything, starting with this Spring Salad with Asparagus and Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales but your price remains the same.)
I LOVE this salad! Greens include an organic lettuce mix of frisee, spinach, purple cabbage and arugula. .
…roasted hazelnuts …
…soft Italian Asiago…
…and blanched asparagus spears.
Then this salad is drizzled in the most amazing Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette made with olive oil, honey, chipotle chili powder (affiliate link)…
…and my favorite vinegar of all time, this White Balsamic (affiliate link) by the Malpighi Family of Italy! (I also like this one)
When combined you have a sweet, spicy dressing that is perfection on this mouth watering salad.
Gorgeous even before it’s dressed!
The Recipe: Spring Salad with Asparagus and Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette
Spring Salad with Asparagus and Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 4 cups organic greens (I use a mix of frisee, spinach, arugula and cabbage)
- 4 thick slices pancetta, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup soft asiago, grated on large holes of cheese grater
- 4 asparagus spears, cut into 1" pieces and blanched
- 1/3 cup roasted Hazelnuts (sometimes called Filberts)
Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T White Balsamic (I highly recommend this one!)
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chili powder (more if you like it hotter)
- sea salt, one pinch
- few turns freshly ground pepper (I love this battery operated pepper grinder)
- Cook pancetta till crispy, place on paper towels till cool then chop. Set small pot of water to boil. Cut asparagus into 1" pieces. Place asparagus into boiling water for three minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water, set aside. If the hazelnuts you purchased are raw, toast them by placing them in a pan on medium heat till they are toasted. Allow to cool and then use fingers to peel off the brown skin. Grate cheese. Place all ingredients on a platter and toss.
Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette Prep:
- Place all ingredients in a glass container and whisk or shake. Lightly dress greens and toss. Serve.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!