If you didn’t already love me, you are going to love me now because this is the easiest roasted chicken recipe I have ever posted. The Amazingly Easy Roasted Chicken with Lemon Honey Glaze requires no stuffing, no chopping vegetables or herbs, in fact you don’t even need a roasting pan, a cast iron pan will do.
This recipe brought to you by La Tourangelle, makers of fine artisan oils.
The Super Easy ‘How To’ (and some pictures to make you hungry)
All that you have to do to prep this chicken is brush the skin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then place in a cast iron skillet and roast for an hour. Finish by brushing with a glaze of honey, lemon, olive oil and butter the last 15 minutes! That’s it!
When using so few ingredients it is important to make sure those ingredients are great quality. Be sure to use fresh squeezed lemon juice, grass fed butter, your favorite raw honey and organic, extra virgin olive oil. I use an organic Extra virgin olive oil from La Tourangelle. You can buy direct from La Tourangelle or on Amazon.
The glaze gives this chicken a crispy, golden, flavorful skin.
And your entire house will smell heavenly!
Be sure to save all the bones to make homemade broth for soups!
The Recipe: Amazingly Easy Roasted Chicken with Lemon Honey Glaze
Tips and what you will need: If you are a little unsure about knowing when a chicken is done an Instant Read Thermometer might help. I cook this chicken in a large cast iron skillet! (affiliate links). This recipe is gluten and grain free. I use an organic Extra virgin olive oil from La Tourangelle. You can buy direct from La Tourangelle or on Amazon.
Amazingly Easy Roasted Chicken with Lemon Honey Glaze
A very easy and delicious roasted chicken that requires very little prep!
- 1 - 4 to 4½ pound chicken (if you use a larger chicken allow more cooking time)
- olive oil
- Sea salt
Lemon Honey Glaze:
- 1/4 cup olive olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- pinch of sea salt, pinch of pepper
- If possible, remove bird from fridge an hour before prepping. This allows for more even cooking
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place oven rack in bottom third of oven.
- Remove giblets from chicken (save for later if making broth) rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush entire chicken with olive oil.
- Season entire chicken with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, place in cast iron pan breast side up.
- Tuck wings behind back, and tie legs with cooking string or silicon bands.
- Place in oven and bake 1 hour 15-20 minutes (total), basting with glaze the last 15-20 minutes.
Lemon Honey Glaze:
- While chicken is cooking place all ingredients for glaze into a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring. Allow to thicken slightly. Remove from heat.
- When chicken has been in the oven for an hour begin brushing chicken with glaze every few minutes for 15-20 minutes until skin is a golden crispy brown. Dip brush into chicken juices when brushing too! Yum!
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to 'rest' tented under foil for 10 minutes. Then carve. Pour drippings over meat and serve!
Courses Main Course
More Recipes and Roasting/Carving Tips!
For more recipes incorporating healthy oils visit the La Tourangelle Recipe Page or follow La Tourangelle on Pinterest! You can also find La Tourangelle oils on Amazon. For Everything You Need to Know About Roasting a Chicken Recipe and seven more roasted chicken recipe click here. for homemade broth in the Instant Pot here. Homemade broth on the stove or crock pot here. Learn to carve a chicken here.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!