When I was in Napa a few years ago we ate at Chef Michael Chiarello’s Bottega Ristorante. They served an appetizer that I loved, so per usual I came home and made my own version (you know how I roll). This Parmesan Artichoke Heart Dipping Oil is superb!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission from sales but your price remains the same.)
Parmesan Artichoke Heart Dipping Oil:
My version has freshly grated Parmesan, artichoke hearts (packed in water), chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic and sea salt…
…all drizzled in a beautiful, heart healthy extra virgin olive oil, then spooned onto soft, warm artisan Ciabatta bread. Hungry yet?
Want to Serve This with Your Own Homemade Sourdough?
THE RECIPE: Parmesan Artichoke Heart Dipping Oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if you like to bring the heat
- 1 teaspoon flat Italian parsley chopped
- 2 artichoke hearts packed in water, chopped
- 1/3 -1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil (how much you add is up to you)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 a loaf freshly baked Ciabatta bread warmed in the oven
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Wrap artisan bread in foil and place in oven to warm
Place artichoke hearts between paper towels and press out extra water, chop.
Prepare remaining ingredients.
Place cheese in a small bowl, add artichoke hearts, garlic, parsley, sea salt and red pepper flakes. Toss. Right before serving, drizzle olive oil over cheese mixture till oil covers all ingredients. Stir.
Drizzle a tad more oil so there is a layer of oil on top of cheese mixture.
Spoon onto warm Ciabatta bread and bliss out...
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!