It’s no secret I love a complete meal salad. Give me a quick, healthy, delicious complete meal salad and I am a happy girl. This Chicken, Rice and Feta Salad checks all the boxes and it’s budget friendly to boot!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission from sales but your price remains the same.)
What’s in the Chicken, Rice and Feta Salad?
Sweet baby greens, nutty brown rice, ripe red tomatoes, cucumbers, creamy feta cheese and savory chicken all drizzled in a lemon herb vinaigrette! So tasty, so filling, so good for you. Using rotisserie chicken makes this an easy to prep meal, but you can also use leftover roasted chicken.
I am all about the homemade dressing. This lemon herb vinaigrette is loaded with flavor because it’s made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, honey, white balsamic vinegar and plenty of parsley.
Love Complete Meal Salads and Need More Recipes?
Try my Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Lime Vinaigrette!
The Recipe: Chicken, Rice and Feta Salad
What you need: a hand held juicer to juice the lemon, and s always a good knife,
A quick complete meal salad with a delicious lemon herb vinaigrette!
- 3/4 cups brown rice, cooked to package instructions
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup ripe but firm Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled greek or French feta
- 3 cups baby greens
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon your choice of white balsamic, white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar (I always go for white balsamic)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
Place 1 1/2 cups water in medium size pot, add two pinches sea salt, and rice, bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook with lid on until done (usually 20 minutes)
While rice cooks, prepare chicken, herbs and vegetables.
When rice is done, turn off heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. While rice cools, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
Place greens in a bowl or on a platter, add rice, shredded chicken, vegetables and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette, toss. Garnish with pine nuts, sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, toss again. Serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!