Roasted Carrots with Gremolata is one of my personal favorite side dishes. It’s perfect for the holidays or anytime: Carrots and shallots roasted until the edges are a crispy brown and then sprinkled with a zesty gremolata…yum!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
These flavorful roasted carrots are a real crowd pleaser! And so easy to make. Simply toss the carrots in olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh pepper then roast until the edges are a beautiful golden brown. When you remove them from the oven you toos in gremolata and serve!
When roasting vegetables I always cover my rimmed cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper. It protects your pan, vegetables don’t stick to it like they do to foil, and parchment makes it really easy to lift the veggies from pan to bowl.
…garlic… Want to know how to get the smell of garlic off your hands?
…and lemon zest! We use a microplane to zest citrus here at The Organic Kitchen!
These carrots make a beautiful side dish to any main course!
The Recipe: Roasted Carrots with Gremolata
What you will need: A good knife, I love my Wusthof, sea salt, (I buy the tub from Maldons it’s a money saver), rimmed cookie sheet and parchment paper. This recipe is gluten free, grain free and dairy free. paleo and Whole 30 compliant too!
- For Gremolata:
- ½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Zest of one lemon, finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- For Carrots:
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 2-3" segments
- 10 small shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Position oven rack in the center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Toss the parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Peel carrots and cut them into 2-3 inch segments. If the tops of the carrots are really thick, cut them in half lengthwise as well. Put the carrots into a large bowl with shallots and thyme, Drizzle with olive oil until all the veggies are glistening with oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Toss. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Roast till tender and slightly browned 45-50 minutes, or longer if you like them browned (like me!) Remove from oven and toss with prepared gremolata. Serve and listen to your friends and family rave…
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Check out my cookbooks here. Post tags: Gluten free, grain free, dairy free. holiday side dish