My daughter recently said to me “Mom we make your roasted vegetables and throw them in a salad with rotisserie chicken and it’s amazing.” So here it is: The Roasted Vegetable Salad! Beautiful, filling and warm, perfect for a chilly winter meal!
(This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure at bottom of page)
Get 3 Meals Free from Sun Basket! Fresh organic ingredients and easy recipes delivered, with Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegetarian options.
Simply roast carrots, shallots, butternut squash, and parsnips tossed in olive oil and sea salt until the edges are crispy.
Add asparagus for the last 10 minutes…
…and voila! A colorful, amazing, nutricious salad!
You can keep it simple by adding shredded rotisserie chicken or serve with my Perfectly Tender Chicken Breast!
The Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Salad
Tips and what you will need: Butternut Squash can be a easy to work with or a real pain! Click here to learn to easily work with butternut squash. You will need a rimmed cookie sheet and parchment paper. This salad is grain free, gluten free, dairy free and Whole 30 Compliant.
- 3 large shallots peeled and quartered
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced ½" thick (on the diagonal if you want to be fancy)
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and sliced ¼ inch (when you get to the thick top cut in half too)
- one small bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 4 cups baby greens
- pecans, to taste (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place rack in upper third of oven.
- Cover rimmed cookie with parchment paper and set aside.
- For Salad:
- Using a Y peeler, peel butternut squash and cut into ½" cubes. Prepare the rest of vegetables. Place all veggies except asparagus on parchment covered cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Veggies should be glistening with olive oil but not soaked. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Place vegetables in oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and set aside.
- Make Dressing:
- Combine ingredients and whisk well.
- When veggies have cooked for 40 minutes add asparagus and roast 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place lettuce on platter, top with vegetables and pecans/chicken if desired.
- Dress. Toss. Serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.