Making a Perfectly Tender Chicken Breast is incredibly easy. But many people still serve dry, tasteless, chicken breasts. Why? I have no idea. But I plan on ending that practice once and for all. Friends don’t let friends make dry chicken breasts.
(This post contains affiliate links.I may make a commission off sales, your price remains the same)
Three Keys to Making a Perfectly Tender Chicken Breast:
- Bone in, skin on! The bone and the skin make for the most flavorful, tender Chicken breast.
- Brine: Don’t be intimidated! It’s as simple as soaking the chicken in salt water for 30 minutes.
- Start on the cooktop, finish in the oven. Tender inside, crispy outside.And there you have it! How easy is that? Serve with my Roasted Veggie Salad and you have a nutrient dense, colorful, delicious dinner!
The Recipe: How to Make a Perfectly Tender Chicken Breast
Tips, what you will need and what to serve it with! You will need an oven safe pan and a good sea salt: I use fine himalayan sea salt for brining. People often overcook chicken, making it dry. Please resist that temptation! Serve this chicken alongside any of my salads, vegetable purees, or roasted veggies. This chicken is grain free, gluten free, dairy free, Whole 30 and Paleo.
Achieve a perfectly tender chicken breast every time!
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup sea salt I used fine himalayan but you can use kosher too
- 3 chicken breasts bone in, skin on
- garlic powder
- olive oil butter, clarified butter or ghee
Place breasts in water with sea salt and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes,.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place rack in upper third of oven.
Remove breast from salt water and pat dry with paper towel.
Sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
Pour olive oil, butter, clarified butter or ghee into oven safe pan on med /high heat.
When olive oil, butter, clarified butter or ghee are hot, add chicken skin side down to pan.
Lower heat to medium if needed. Cook for five minutes or until skin is golden.
Turn chicken skin side up.
Transfer pan to oven and cook for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of chicken breast. Small breasts will cook quickly, some of those monster size ones can take a while!
Do not over cook.
Remove from oven when done and serve.
You can also use this technique on grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts! Enjoy ~ Linda Spiker
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!