This Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potato Hash is all dressed up for the holidays! This dish is the perfect side to any main course and it’s dairy and grain free!
(This post contains affiliate links via my association with Amazon.com. See full disclosure at bottom of page)
Creamy fingerling potatoes cooked to crispy perfection alongside caramelized shallots, red bell peppers and brussels sprouts, what could be better?
Oh… thickly sliced pancetta…that’s what could be better! The pancetta gives this dish that salty bite.
And it’s all cooked together in one pan.
Notice how the sprouts and onions are caramelized, just gorgeous! You can serve plain or garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds when in season. To see how to easily seed a pomegranate, click!
The Recipe: Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potato Hash
- 4 slices pancetta, cooked till crispy and and chopped (vegetarians skip this step...it's still delicious!)
- 3T ghee or butter
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ lb small Brussels Sprouts, cut into halves or quarters (depending on size)
- ⅓ lb fingerling potatoes (about ten) thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh pomegranate seeds (when in season)
- Prep ingredients.
- Place pan on medium high heat. Add pancetta, cook till crispy, set on paper towels and set aside. Add butter to pan with pancetta fat. When melted add red peppers.
- Saute for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add brussels sprouts, potatoes and shallots.
- Cook for approx 20 minutes or until veggies are cooked with brown edges.
- Chop pancetta and add to pan. Stir.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. (you won't need much salt if you used pancetta)
- Place on platter and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.