This Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potato Hash is all dressed up for the holidays!
…and thickly sliced pancetta…
…to crispy perfection! Notice how the sprouts and onions are caramelized, just gorgeous! You can serve plain or garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds when in season.
The Recipe: Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potato Hash
- 4 slices pancetta, cooked till crispy and and chopped (vegetarians skip this step...it's still delicious!)
- 3T ghee or butter
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ lb small Brussels Sprouts, cut into halves or quarters (depending on size)
- ⅓ lb fingerling potatoes (about ten) thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh pomegranate seeds (when in season)
- Prep ingredients.
- Place pan on medium high heat. Add pancetta, cook till crispy, set on paper towels and set aside. Add butter to pan with pancetta fat. When melted add red peppers.
- Saute for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add brussels sprouts, potatoes and shallots.
- Cook for approx 20 minutes or until veggies are cooked with brown edges.
- Chop pancetta and add to pan. Stir.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. (you won't need much salt if you used pancetta)
- Place on platter and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
This dish is so festive and lovely! Perfect for the holidays or anytime!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.