As much as I love fall and winter produce (and I do!) I am always so happy when spring and summer berries come into season. One of my favorite ways to use these colorful, antioxidant rich little fruits is in salads, like this Mixed Berry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales but your price remains the same.)
Greens, Berries and Healthy Fats!
This salad is so fresh, so light, and so nutrition packed! It’s also so delicious it almost feels like a dessert.
The Strawberry Vinaigrette:
Avocado oil, fresh strawberries, lemon juice and a little white balsamic combine to make a beautiful, bright pink dressing. So easy, healthy and naturally sweet. (I love this white balsamic and a close runner up is this one)
It’s always a hit!
I often make this salad for parties and family get togethers, there is never any leftover. Never.
The Recipe: Mixed Berry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette (Paleo-Whole30)
A colorful salad that looks and tastes like a dessert!
- 2 small heads butter leaf lettuce shredded by hand (or if you prefer 5oz baby greens)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries blackberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup toasted nuts your choice
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil, I just prefer the milder taste of avocado oil for this one
- 3 whole large fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 generous pinch sea salt and a few turns of pepper to taste
Shred lettuce and place on platter, add whole and sliced berries, nuts and avocado slices
Place all dressing ingredients into blender and blend until smooth
Dress salad, serve