Heirloom tomatoes are everywhere right now! So get while the getting is good and add them to sandwiches, salads or make a bruschetta! The Heirloom Salad is a simple, delicious combination of colorful heirloom tomatoes, fennel, red onions and a light lemony balsamic dressing.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission from sales, your price stays the same)
The Heirloom Salad:
Heirloom tomatoes are in season from mid summer through fall. When they aren’t available this salad is still delicious with your favorite variety of red tomato. Fennel, sweet and red onions round out this simple salad. Serve with pasta, steak, or roast chicken.
The Recipe: The Heirloom Salad
A delicious, easy seasonal salad.
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 red, 1 orange and 1 yellow heirloom tomato, diced
- ½ of one small red onion, thinly sliced
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons good quality Balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine all salad ingredients on platter, dress, toss and plate. Use a ‘Y’ peeler to shave Parmesan on top of plated salad and serve.
Combine all ingredients and whisk till emulsified. Dress salad, top with shaved Parmesan.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
Post tags: tomatoes, salad, balsamic, green salad, salads, gluten free, vegetarian, vegetables, vegetable